Phantom Regiment 2017

2 minutes ago, phd-student-TTU said:

I wasn't talking about a MM. GOOD LORD

Let's just get past this. I'm sorry if I offended you. 

3 minutes ago, PRomoter said:

Actually, I think it was thought out very carefully, but it might be obvious enough for the audience. The theme is great, but if you only have 11 minutes it should hit you in the face...like Spartacus. 

What I think is they didn't have a theme, and then just threw it together. The first indicator of that was naming it "Phantasm." They really need to clean house in Rockford, and Dan Farrell is the first who needs to go. I watched their ensemble in 2015 and he gave them the same worthless feedback after every single set. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

What I think is they didn't have a theme, and then just threw it together. The first indicator of that was naming it "Phantasm." They really need to clean house in Rockford, and Dan Farrell is the first who needs to go. I watched their ensemble in 2015 and he gave them the same worthless feedback after every single set. 

I thought he was dropping out of the creative team?

• Like 1

The visual aspect of this show has come along really far. Wow.

watching a high cam of the closer is mesmerizing, the flag work and use of white dresses to contrast the darker flags is an incredible effect. I'm not a fan of the smaller hornline, but I have to admit that they're milking everything they can out of that guard 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Hrothgar15 said:

I thought tonight at Chester was their best performance yet. Company front at the end with a kick-halt...what's not to love?

I agree with you from seeing it live. Their work ethic has been more than Suta-able. The mms knew it at the buses and can't wait for the next ten days to show even better.

• Like 1

I really hope they pad those Pecks more and add some shoulder padding for the finals push. That would make these look more superhero ish...and lame at the same time. 

I have read post after post on these boards this year about PR and how awful they are. I will admit I have been longing for a return to amazing sound and a competitive show. However, last night I saw this show live at Allentown and all I can say is Wow. The rich beauty that Phantom is known for was back. What an enjoyable show with a beautiful sound. I loved it. They may not score well or place high, but I don't care. They displayed an amazing performance that everyone watching loved and that is what really matters in Drum Corps. Thank you to Phantom for once again entertaining me and making me proud.

Edited by regimentlvr
  • Like 8