Phantom Regiment 2017

Based on the last few years I think we have to get usedarrow-10x10.png to the fact that the more circus oriented shows will appeal to the judges for the foreseeable futurearrow-10x10.png.  Call it progress if you want but It's not for me.  Phantom and a few other corps will be stuck in the middle unless they branch out of their historical music choices.  For Phantom putting poor design aside, I wonder if classical music is dead in DCI...

Butchering up classical musicarrow-10x10.png to make it fit this new style doesn't work for me but it may for the DCI judging community.

I know this may go against everything "Phantom" but maybe its time to mix classical into other types of music to give them more opportunity to compete at the top.  

Just a thought for discussion.

1 minute ago, Phantombari1 said:

Based on the last few years I think we have to get usedarrow-10x10.png to the fact that the more circus oriented shows will appeal to the judges for the foreseeable futurearrow-10x10.png.  Call it progress if you want but It's not for me.  Phantom and a few other corps will be stuck in the middle unless they branch out of their historical music choices.  For Phantom putting poor design aside, I wonder if classical music is dead in DCI...

Butchering up classical musicarrow-10x10.png to make it fit this new style doesn't work for me but it may for the DCI judging community.

I know this may go against everything "Phantom" but maybe its time to mix classical into other types of music to give them more opportunity to compete at the top.  

Just a thought for discussion.

Carolina Crown almost won in 2015 with a pretty fully "classical" show outside of the Copland Organ Symphony......and I don't think they chopped it up either.  I still believe it's not what you do but how you do it.  I've seen some REALLY bad shows that seem like they're pandering to what people think are the accepted things from the judging community fall really flat.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xandandl said:

Who of us is still at tour weight, Ghost?  

Ahhh, ghost.

I'm actually lower than my age out weight. Granted, loads of personal reasons why, but I'm physically and probably emotionally healthier than I was at that age.

• Like 1