Phantom Regiment 2017

Well -- THIS organ that Cameron plays in NOT your typical organ!  A good Rodgers or Allen organ could suffice... not this! PR "could" use digital samples pulled from the recordings available -- a Roland Attillier keyboard has wonderful pipe organ samples!   Regiment can REALLY have an epic ending if done RIGHT!  To do so they would have to come up with a better ending than the one presently heard... if one listens to the you tube video posted -- THAT is the ending a show like this SHOULD (could) have!!!   Regiment could also employ the use of a reflective material that could be put on boards to appear like mirrors, after all, the movie "Phantasm" ends with the character being pulled through a mirror -- thus ending his "nightmare".  We shall see.... I just hope (and pray) the re-do the ending!  I have had not one, but THREE international organ scholars/performers hear the concert in the park and all three agree the ending need "more" -- More organ!  :)

On 6/3/2017 at 6:54 AM, BoaDci said:

Brutal.

I agree with what you said about Cartwright and I'm also anticipating Phantom to step it up this year, but considering the competition in the top 8... Many corps appear to be ramping it up as well (as they always do). It will take A LOT to knockout any of the top 6 from last year. My prediction is Phantom will land 6th or 7th, but that's still a huge accomplishment! These days moving up just one placement in top 12 is a minor miracle. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

I do wish I could attend their dress rehearsal next Saturday.  It's at Stillman Valley high school at 8:30pm. 

Same here. Instead I'll be taking 100 middle schoolers to cedar point to march the midway. Would much rather be going see that dress rehearsal!

• Like 2