Phantom Regiment 2017

5 hours ago, Tacited said:

From my source in the corps, they said those mics are used to amplify the hornline because the number of horns were reduced to add more colorguard.

Here's an idea.....don't play backfield from the far corner then.

• Like 1

I have to say that I am certainly not a fan of this costiform *fad* (and I do hope that is exactly what it turns out to be).  Many are just awful, and while some aren't so bad on their own merits (see SCV), I feel they still regrettably destroy the "brand" of the corps wearing them.

That said, these new PR costiforms (along with Cavies, perhaps) are far and away the most successfully executed ones out there that I've seen this year.  These are actually nice have a strong visual attitude that fits squarely in the traditional Regiment wheelhouse.  Well done .

Edited by hughesmr
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, hughesmr said:

I have to say that I am certainly not a fan of this costiform *fad* (and I do hope that is exactly what it turns out to be).  Many are just awful, and while some aren't so bad on their own merits (see SCV), I feel they still regrettably destroy the "brand" of the corps wearing them.

That said, these new PR costiforms (along with Cavies, perhaps) are far and away the most successfully executed ones out there that I've seen this year.  These are actually nice have a strong visual attitude that fits squarely in the traditional Regiment wheelhouse.  Well done .

That might be the problem. Seriously, I feel like corps are almost punished for wearing traditional uniforms these days. I do love Regiment's outfits. I've heard so many good things about them this off season. Really surprised they are only a point above Academy.

Just saw a recording of their show in rehearsal- It's really hard. There's still quite a bit of dirt (both music and visual) to clean, but this show seems like it has legs. I'd rather they be challenged and maybe not get as clean than have the corps playing a show that's too easy for them like the past few years. 

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, Jagula said:

Just saw a recording of their show in rehearsal- It's really hard. There's still quite a bit of dirt (both music and visual) to clean, but this show seems like it has legs. I'd rather they be challenged and maybe not get as clean than have the corps playing a show that's too easy for them like the past few years. 

Just watched also...

- Rach 2 in the ballad makes a lot more sense now, as I guess it's a "good ghost" section.

- I remember back to someone mentioning how Cartwright uses "skirts as flags" a lot. Same here, but I think they look great in the closer.

- The drill looks really competent (especially compared to last year). 

- The Khachaturian is going to take a while.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

Just watched also...

- Rach 2 in the ballad makes a lot more sense now, as I guess it's a "good ghost" section.

- I remember back to someone mentioning how Cartwright uses "skirts as flags" a lot. Same here, but I think they look great in the closer.

- The drill looks really competent (especially compared to last year). 

- The Khachaturian is going to take a while.

The difficulty of the drill in combination with the music reminds me of BAC 2014. I'm hoping they'll be a little more successful in getting it clean than they were