Phantom Regiment 2017

11 hours ago, Brian Tuma said:

Seven years on and any mention of 2010 still sends chills down my spine. It also is the only time in all my years that I felt a drum corps improved upon the source music. 

I agree completely.  One of top 4 most played tracks on my phone, along with On Air, Spartacus & Harmonic Journey.

• Like 5

This must please Cappybara  very much when his two favorites become friends on the Cali tour and one remembers it when the other has a tragedy. Spirit-Crossmen, Academy-Phantom, Devils-Regiment, help to Pioneer, Music City, and Legends, etc., etc. It is what makes the activity great.

18813391_10154799637638668_3958434352397

The Phantom Regiment would like to give a huge thank you to The Blue Devils Alumni, Family, and Friends for sponsoring all our meals on 7/28 

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 5

Year after year we hear about the late season surge...I just wish it had to do with placement and not scores...Unfortunately all the other corps above them are on a different schedule.

As far as Cartwright goes and as my first post this season would indicate, I think Phantom is headed in the right direction...I expect big changes in the "what DCI wants" design next year...but only the powers that be have a kungfu grip on that.

Finally, as a reminder to the management, the season starts a lot sooner based on the top 8 corps...or maybe it just appears that way!

Edited by Phantombari1
  • Like 4

Hey friends - I saw PR's show for the first time tonight - great job to the whole corps, really enjoyed the hornline as always - and I was wondering if someone could offer me a quick explanation of you think it's about. I scrolled through a bunch of the thread here but I wasn't able to find thoughts on the show concept.

• Like 3

On 7/31/2017 at 3:03 AM, FancySnack said:

Hey friends - I saw PR's show for the first time tonight - great job to the whole corps, really enjoyed the hornline as always - and I was wondering if someone could offer me a quick explanation of you think it's about. I scrolled through a bunch of the thread here but I wasn't able to find thoughts on the show concept.

Good question.  It's about fantasy - which I get.   After seeing the show live, not sure exactly what the context of "fantasy" the corps is referring to on the field.   

Can anyone explain what the fantasy is?

• Like 2

I hope they fix their brass amplification.  I mean...when they are standing on the right side of the field and I can hear brass blasting from the left speaker....it doesn't seem very realistic and takes me out of the performance.  Either don't amplify the on field brass so much, or at least try to mask it by appropriately balancing it according to the side of the field they are on.