Phantom Regiment 2017

I actually am glad there is no forced, overt story here.  That had been played out & the now you two year break from it is encouraging.  I'm just appreciating the visual & music demand they are stretching to accomplish, the progress they are making and the music book. I too think the voice overs are a detraction not an enhancement.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, phd-student-TTU said:

So you think ppl who aren't heteronormative are a LCD? It was a joke you bigot. 

Your joke is crass, irrelevant, insensitive and made without the knowledge of the MM I can clearly identify by name in this photo. Stop redirecting our attention away from your middle school humor by calling my comment bigotry. After researching your other comments, juvenile comments are a norm for you: Fleet Enemas, "burning with desire," etc.... Those kinds of comments are lowest common denominators, and beneath someone with your education, and this forum.

On 8/1/2017 at 6:55 PM, PRomoter said:

Here is a synopsis of the show:

ACT 1: Dark forces are in control of the corps, changing their normal white to black. It affects everything from their persona to the music. This act contains some of the most frenetic field movement and guard work. It is meant to make us feel unbalanced and confused, as is the corps in their struggle against the dark force.

ACT 2: The corps fights to regain who they are. You will notice a lot of struggle for control over the dark forces, resulting in the appearance of the light force as the Rachmaninov begins. You will note that the music moves from dark, atonal at times (quite unlike what we associate with Regiment), to a beautiful ballad in a major key.

ACT 3: The corps begins to win control as the battle rages, with the corps finally breaking the "spell," reflected in the white helmets, white guard units, and the bright flag design. Even the music reflects the beautiful, romantic/classical genre PR is known for.

It's really pretty straightforward when you pay close attention. Watch it again and you will see.

posted from the DrumScorps app

It's really a shame one has to explain the show on DCP for anyone to understand it.  If this is true its worse than what we went through with the original Sparticus show, only that was (IMO) pretty clear as to what was going on.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Phantombari1 said:

It's really a shame one has to explain the show on DCP for anyone to understand it.  If this is true its worse than what we went through with the original Sparticus show, only that was (IMO) pretty clear as to what was going on.

I agree. I don't try to understand themes myself - just enjoy the music and drill. But I get this sense of a severe lack of creativity at Regiment. It sounds like the theme was just thrown together without munch intent or thought. I think next year, they really need to retool the whole program and give us something new and different. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, PRomoter said:

Your joke is crass, irrelevant, insensitive and made without the knowledge of the MM I can clearly identify by name in this photo. Stop redirecting our attention away from your middle school humor by calling my comment bigotry. After researching your other comments, juvenile comments are a norm for you: Fleet Enemas, "burning with desire," etc.... Those kinds of comments are lowest common denominators, and beneath someone with your education, and this forum.

If you don't like what he has to say, just ignore him. Much easier than starting a fight.

Edited by henry7184

50 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

If you don't like what he has to say, just ignore him. Much easier than starting a fight.

I agree. Thanks for setting me straight, but in a kind way. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PRomoter said:

I wasn't talking about a MM. GOOD LORD

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

I agree. I don't try to understand themes myself - just enjoy the music and drill. But I get this sense of a severe lack of creativity at Regiment. It sounds like the theme was just thrown together without munch intent or thought. I think next year, they really need to retool the whole program and give us something new and different. 

Actually, I think it was thought out very carefully, but it might [not] be obvious enough for the audience. The theme is great, but if you only have 11 minutes it should hit you in the face...like Spartacus. 

Edited by PRomoter
Missed a word
  • Like 1