Phantom Regiment 2017

If David Warren is conducting again, they should do something innovative with him...

e.g. have his conducting as a part of the show on the field as they wheel him around on a platform...

If David Warren is conducting again, they should do something innovative with him...

e.g. have his conducting as a part of the show on the field as they wheel him around on a platform...

he aged out last Saturday.

In his own words, "It's time." His well chosen comments on the end of season video the corps showed at banquet bespeak the man of character that he is. All the best for his future.

• Like 1

Is that video available, viewable to public?

Is that video available, viewable to public?

Cappybara did lift this from the corps FB page and posted this to this thread on its first page.

https://youtu.be/aTChRUShNG4 (It's arranged in several "acts" so continue through the black "curtains" which separate the acts. The conductor is featured after the 5 minute mark of this 7 minute film.

It's rather well done and gives a wonderful sense of the show theme.

• Like 1

I quite enjoyed their 2005 program. I wouldn't mind seeing them explore something similar.

• Like 1

They revisited Spartacus and it worked out for them. New World Symphony anyone?

I quite enjoyed their 2005 program. I wouldn't mind seeing them explore something similar.

Didn't their 2015 program feature a lot of the same music from 2005? Or am I thinking of a different show?

In general, PR should take more programming risks in the future, not just thematically but also musically. It paid off for the Cavaliers this year when they changed program coordinators and made a show that could have been totally divisive a huge crowd favorite. Less European Romantic-era music, more American, modern and even non-Western music. I saw a little bit of that risk-taking this year, but if they want to have competitive success in the future, they have to go all in.

Here's an example of a piece that doesn't quite sound like something PR would play at first, but it fits the bill for their future, IMO.

• Like 1

Less European Romantic-era music, more American, modern and even non-Western music. I saw a little bit of that risk-taking this year, but if they want to have competitive success in the future, they have to go all in.

Here's an example of a piece that doesn't quite sound like something PR would play at first, but it fits the bill for their future, IMO.

YES TO GLASS! The taste of Mishima that BD gave us had me wanting Regiment to give us more.

Not entirely sold on the "non-Western" idea, but the Shankar/Glass collab could be great - especially now with electronics.