What are you looking forward to this summer? Go

4 hours ago, Tobias said:

Academy-up from last year or down?

I think.. " up ". I believe they will have a great show thats been given to them.. I think it'll be another hit with audiences. But... only time will really tell.

8 hours ago, BRASSO said:

I think.. " up ". I believe they will have a great show thats been given to them.. I think it'll be another hit with audiences. But... only time will really tell.

Maybe but one never knows what team comes up with a stellar design and gets in the way of a given corps planned ascension.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ghost said:

One of them only had a cup of coffee length time out as it turned out.  The same person who fired the latest shot across the others bow.

They're both very passionate about their corps. 

2 hours ago, Tobias said:

Maybe but one never knows what team comes up with a stellar design and gets in the way of a given corps planned ascension.

True enough. Drum Corps competition is essentially a team sport ( or activity ). Sometimes even the best teams have a miss. That said, teams that have good chemistry,  have the requisite top line skills,continue to work hard, generally, given time, are able to produce at superior levels in their craft. But life guarantees nothing... of course.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Tobias said:

This is very true. How many times have we seen a corps improve in almost every way and not move up or even move down It's not just about what we may do as a corps BUT what others do also. Improvement doesn't have to mean upward movement. The nature of the beast. We all know that we can only take care of our own and just do what we need to  and then hope it's enough or that another corps slips ..

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, BRASSO said:

As anyone can readily see from above, my reply to Corpsband was civil ( and the reply was factually correct, for those interested in " the facts " ). It would be up to others on here to determine if Corpsband response to my reply to him was civil and/ or informative from him to me for posters on here. Now, we should be able to move on, imo....

But we just want both of you to not get punished this summer. You're both on here all offseason. Certainly want to hear from both of you during the season! I know both BAC and Crown will have great seasons! 

• 1 month later...

Thought I'd resurrect this after a lot of announcements......even if the tone of discussion as of late is pretty...well I've had lots more fun in the past posting on here.  

Lots of awesome shows.  Madison Scouts sounds downright awesome, I can't wait to hear them play Music for Prague.   The Academy is continuing what made the world fall in love with them, that show should be a blast.  And Blue Devils/Santa Clara Vanguard both have really cool sounding shows to me.  Similar but totally different takes on the idea of change and metamorphosis.   Santa Clara Vanguard resonates a little more with me but both will of course be stellar.  

Despite so much discussion of uniforms and stuff, like every year I'm more excited than the last for shows.  Should be a great season.....we go into pre season mode next week!

• Like 5