Inside the Arc – We Have Met the Enemy and He is Us

Let’s get it straight right away: It’s not the composers and publishers who are ripping off the drum corps. It’s been the other way around from the beginning. Allow me to explain. When Oliver Hazard Perry defeated a British fleet on Lake Erie on September 10th 1813, he famously bragged, “We have met the enemy, […]

View the full article

• Like 2

Very interesting...explains a lot in easy to understand terms. But the proposed solution might be too much common sense to work in the real world :)

Frank hit every nail on the head that I learned in a couple of excellent Music Marketing courses. The huge cash trough dried up in the recording industry. A lot of aspects got tossed out the window there to cut costs.  The A and R end (the talent development end) has been largely cut to a nub of what it was- now, performers pretty much have to prove to a recording label they have done the ground work and can do x and y without their assistance.

I've been saying that the various copyright holders would take something rather than nothing for some time here on DCP- Hopefully things will proceed towards that goal.

it will take years for the laws to catch up to technology and reform in place