Pick Any Show Throughout All Time and Eternity That You Wish You Saw Live

If I had to pick just one, I'd have to go with Madison Scouts 1988. 

Also, I didn't to any live shows in 2014 (I watched a ton of webcasts), and I kick myself every day for it. A lot of great shows that year.

Edited by losnickes
Can't spell.

6 hours ago, garfield said:

Gail Royer always said his favorite show was the 1968 Chicago Royalaires.  I could never find either audio or video of that show.

I'd like to see live any show that impressed that arranging wizard from SCV.

Gar, are you sure it was the 68 show?  I thought it was the 65 show GR liked best. 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Gar, are you sure it was the 68 show?  I thought it was the 65 show GR liked best. 

No, not completely sure.  It was from his DCI interview back, I think, in 1989 or '90.  

If you're thinking of the same interview, you most definitely could be right.

It was '65. The VFW Nationals was to have been held at Soldier Field in Chicago, but rain had made the field a swamp so the show was moved indoors to Mc Cormick Place, a spacious barn-like building with enough floor space to do a full drill.

There were 15 finalists and they all rocked the house. The Royal Airs were the only corps without contra basses, but Truman Crawford's arranging skill made that irrelevant.

Incidentally, the audio is available from Fleetwood and belongs in any serious collection.

The Royal Airs were great in '68, too, but I'm pretty certain it was the '65 corps GR referred to. 1968 belonged to the Kilties. They ran the table.

See:   http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/index.php?/topic/143516-gale-royer-the-judge/

Edited by ironlips
typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, garfield said:

Gail Royer always said his favorite show was the 1968 Chicago Royalaires.  

Wrong year.

He said " 1965 Chicago Royal Airs ".

• Like 1

Cadets 2000. I've only ever seen it on video, and that show really screams at me that the staging was incredibly important.

Honorable mention:

• Phantom 89
  • Blue Devils 99
  • SCV 99
  • Cavies 00
  • Like 1

I have to go with 1991 Star at the end of the season.  I never saw the cross to cross live.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 3