Pick Any Show Throughout All Time and Eternity That You Wish You Saw Live

On 9/29/2019 at 5:25 AM, Ghost said:

Eddie Hayward maybe.

Thanks, Ghost. That's certainly possible. I will contact him. One way or the other, he'll know the answer.

In the days when a soprano high G was proof of bugle "manhood" (and only a few could render that consistently), a double C was a most rare unicorn, especially on that piece of glorified plumbing called the G/D horn.

That Kevin's musical stiletto was the first I had ever heard "live" to that point. My buddies and I looked at each other with eyes bulging wide, and nobody said a word. We were wishing that note would last forever.

In a way, it actually did.

And to think their horn instructor, Frank Bergdal(sp), was a full time Boston fireman.  His son Buzzy was one of the best french horn players of that era and I think he joined Gil MacDonald (BAC) and other Boston area D&BC guys to join the USAF Academy D&BC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGeKLWbaweA

If you play the other listed SKEK show from 64 IL, you'll love their ending.  The Dream crowd loved their drum corps.

Edited by Ghost

On 8/15/2019 at 6:03 PM, Fran Haring said:

I remember that... one of the first shows I worked for Cadets/YEA. You're right... they killed it that night.

It was amazing. 

I have two.  One with a specific location.

2008 PR - The first time they kill the drum major before anyone knew it was coming

1991 Star - Cross-to-cross would have been amazing to see that one live.

Edited by Old Corps Guy

On 10/1/2019 at 12:13 AM, Ghost said:

And to think their horn instructor, Frank Bergdal(sp), was a full time Boston fireman.  His son Buzzy was one of the best french horn players of that era and I think he joined Gil MacDonald (BAC) and other Boston area D&BC guys to join the USAF Academy D&BC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGeKLWbaweA

If you play the other listed SKEK show from 64 IL, you'll love their ending.  The Dream crowd loved their drum corps.

Think I finally found a show to list....

USAF Bolling Field D&BC Washington, DC early 1960s. Thanks to an “in” have audio of some of their shows including at least one with bagpipes included. Met some of their members thru Hanover and DCA Weekend and seeing a show would be a kick.

Now do I pick a show with bagpipes or one where a certain snare turned wrong way on a move that had been changed and rest of line would not let him back in. (He told story on himself but wouldn’t saw the name lol)

Shows I did have the good fortune to see live, and which stick with me:

2001 Cadets (first show I went to)

2004 Cavies, SCV and BD

2005 Cadets

2008 Phantom

1999 Blue Devils is one of my all-timers and it would have been cool to see

On 8/15/2019 at 7:46 PM, StrikerEZ said:

I’ve already watched Spartacus (many, many times actually), but I’ll definitely need to check out the awards ceremony. 

At one point I had a video I took in the stands and put in slow-mo. Brandt Crocker says “Bluuuudevvviiiils,” and there is a brief pause as what he said sinks in, before people next to me (and the whole stadium) go 😮😮😱😍🤗

I think Gail said 65

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Old Corps Guy said:

2008 PR - The first time they kill the drum major before anyone knew it was coming

I was there. It was a brief moment of shock and comprehension, followed by bedlam. Definitely a Top 5 moment for me as an audience member in drum corps.