Pick Any Show Throughout All Time and Eternity That You Wish You Saw Live

16 hours ago, Ghost said:

If I had a dollar (inflation folks) for every time............

lol

• 10 months later...
On 5/9/2017 at 10:44 PM, N.E. Brigand said:

Apropos of nothing at all, I checked CorpsReps to see what shows happened on August 9, 1974. That was a Friday. Did anyone here attend either of the following? Corps are ordered by placement. Pretty amusing to see the Bluecoats, way down at 30th place in the lower division of the latter event. To respond to the original post: it would indeed be pretty neat to travel aback in time and see that performance.

World Open Prelims (Lynn, MA)

CLASS A: Muchachos, Anaheim Kingsmen, Pembroke Imperials, Kilties, Blue Stars, Bridgemen, Garfield Cadets, Purple Lancers, Beverly Cardinals, Phantom Regiment, 27th Lancers, Valley Grenadiers, Emerald Cadets, Surfers, CMCC Warriors, Boston Crusaders, I.C. Reveries, 507 Hornets, St. Francis Sancians, St. George's Olympians, 4th Brigade, Sir Thomas Moore, 5th Maine Regiment, Holy Family Defenders, Centurions

CLASS B: Saints, Townsmen, Keystone Regiment, Silhouettes, Kingston Indians, Meadowlarks, Bethesda Emerald Knights, Golden Buccaneers, Connecticut Classics, Black Knights, Les Compagnos, Black Watch, Sharpshooters, Troy Muchachos, Troubadors, Boys Club Muchachos, 21st Lancers, Horizons, Citations, Continentals, Annunciators, Amvet Brigadiers, Bux-Mont Raiders, Seneca Princemen, White Eagles, Pinetree Warriors, St. Mary's Cadets, Les Rancheros, '76ers, Reservoir Rangers, K of C Comets, Imperial Juniors, Golden Guardsmen

U.S. Open Prelims (Marion, OH)

Santa Clara Vanguard, Madison Scouts, Blue Devils, Black Knights, De La Salle Oaklands, Bleu Raeders, Royal Crusaders, Polish Falcon Cadets, Blue Rock, Marion Cadets, Pioneer, Americanos, Etobicoke Crusaders, Percussion-naut Patriotsm, Seneca Princemen, Black Watch, Squires, Colt 45s, Geneseo Knights, Grenadiers, Chevaliers, CapitolAires, General Butler Vagabonds, St. John's Girls, Monarchs, Iron Brigade, Spectacle City Mariners, Sacred Heart Crusaders

CLASS A / ALL-GIRL: CapitolAires, Glassmen, Marquis, Belvederes, Charioteers, Cadets of Greece, Gauchos, Mark Twain Cadets, Fire-ettes, Windjammers, St. John's Girls, Floridians, Cleveland Caballaros, Flying Dutchmen, Fitchburg Kingsmen, Tri-Town Cadets, Legion Vanguard, Lakeview Shoreliners, Ventures, Alpine Girls, Nee-Hi's, Royal Knights, Optimist Knights, Bluewater Buccaneersm, Belles of St. Mary's, Sharpsburg Cadets, Royal Coachmen, Catholic Daughters of America, Vanguard, Bluecoats, Simplex Minutemen, 84th Bucktail Regiment, Miami Valley Lancers, Silver Sabers, Silver Knights

FYI, according to Corps Reps, it was "Black Watch (NJ)" at both Lynn and Marion, which I doubt was possible.

46 years ago today (or yesterday, depending on your time zone). I notice that DCI Finals were still a week away that year: Aug. 17. And junior corps were getting scores as early as May 25 and as late as Sep. 7. Did seasons just slowly get shorter over the years, or were there particular years in which a clear change was noticeable at the time?

Edited by N.E. Brigand

5 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

46 years ago today (or yesterday, depending on your time zone). I notice that DCI Finals were still a week away that year: Aug. 17. And junior corps were getting scores as early as May 25 and as late as Sep. 7. Did seasons just slowly get shorter over the years, or were there particular years in which a clear change was noticeable at the time?

It was gradual, over many years (but more of the change occurred in the 1970s).

In fact, that 1974 season seems short.  (It was actually longer, as the CYO circuit held their championships on September 14th and 15th.)  Back in the 1960s, the calendar for Eastern field shows went to the end of September.  For most of the Midwest, however, Labor Day weekend was the final burst of field activity.

By 1980, junior corps had almost entirely abandoned the month of September.  

• Thanks 1

The biggest factor was the start of the school year. Some southern states moved their school calendar to start on August 15th. When this happened, DCI moved their championship from the third weekend in August to the second weekend.

On 10/4/2019 at 11:30 PM, EricS said:

1993 Star of Indiana  They wwere robbed  of  the gold that night.

It was the most compelling design but that cadets corps was a GE beast and would have won by more under a current system including guard in the score - that cadets guard was insanely great. Live the show was absolutely amazing 

On 4/17/2017 at 9:30 PM, Fran Haring said:

2014 Blue Devils

1993 Star of Indiana

2006 Cavaliers

1965 Chicago Royal Airs

1969 Yankee Rebels (DCA)

1968 Long Island Sunrisers (DCA)

1972 Blue Stars

Are you saying that you haven't seen all of these shows live?  I find that hard to believe.  Or, are you saying that these are you favourites?  BTW,beside the 1972 Blue Stars, I have seen all of the others live.

Ouroboros.

EfH-5huXkAAQJ-r?format=jpg&name=small

(Just kidding. I saw that one live, although not at Finals.)

Technically "88 Finals" is a show, so I'm going with that - that year was all-time great, one of the best ever

Suncoast Sound

VK

BD

SCV

Madison