Pick Any Show Throughout All Time and Eternity That You Wish You Saw Live

On 8/10/2020 at 11:41 PM, Bob P. said:

Are you saying that you haven't seen all of these shows live?  I find that hard to believe.  Or, are you saying that these are you favourites?  BTW,beside the 1972 Blue Stars, I have seen all of the others live.

Not sure if Fran posts here anymore. His early experience was NJ Jr corps 71-76 and Sunrisers Sr corps 77-82 (if I remember what I just read on his account). After that many years of announcing for DCA shows. Don’t think he ever attended DCI Finals, at least never saw him mention it.

So I’d guess he never saw these shows...

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Thanks 1

I went back to the beginning of this thread to see what I posted back then. I said, I wish that I saw 1991 Star of Indiana’s Roman Images show at the end of the season because I never got to see the cross to cross live. I will stick with that show, especially after watching the Roll Back video this weekend. What a great show! What a genius George Z was! 

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Not sure if Fran posts here anymore. His early experience was NJ Jr corps 71-76 and Sunrisers Sr corps 77-82 (if I remember what I just read on his account). After that many years of announcing for DCA shows. Don’t think he ever attended DCI Finals, at least never saw him mention it.

So I’d guess he never saw these shows...

Thanks.  Fran sent me a personal note responding to this, saying pretty well what you have said.  

On 4/17/2017 at 9:56 AM, kdaddy said:

The 150 BC finals performance of the original Belshazzar's Feast by the Star of Babylon. *throwing babies*

yeah, I vaguely remember that.  Wasn’t that held at Franklin Stadium in Philly?  If you were ever in that stadium you know what I’m talking about.

1 hour ago, Rudy Wiedoeft said:

yeah, I vaguely remember that.  Wasn’t that held at Franklin Stadium in Philly?  If you were ever in that stadium you know what I’m talking about.

Somehow, I have Buffalo in mind.🤔 At any rate I saw that one too.

1 hour ago, Rudy Wiedoeft said:

That's the one! Here's a shot outside the stadium.

Colosseum - Wikipedia

Still a great topic, and still one with many if not most of the same answers as before...I’ll stick with a couple of previously mentioned (and cliched) answers. For me, it’s SCV 87 and 88. My first introduction to drum corps was in 1990 (my band director’s finals tapes) where the first corps I ever remember obsessing over was 90 Cavies. I’ve owned and studied the late 80s years now for a long time, but just knowing that DCI had been in my state (St. Louis area here) for finals the two years before I fell in love/even knew of the activity is tough to look back on. If I had to pick one though, it would be 87 SCV just for the the Alfred Reed. 88 SCV is personally my favorite show of all time (aside from the shows I marched myself at BK) but I would have done anything to be there for the first 3 minutes of 87 Vanguard. Still my favorite single chart in DCI history.

On 4/17/2017 at 7:37 AM, RetiredMusTeach said:

Mine is not an intellectual choice, it's an emotional one.  I wish I could have been at the finals for the Cadets 2011 show "Between Angels and Demons".

Same. Still think this may be the best “old school” show of all time. In retrospect it symbolized both the best of Cadets, and the turning point of DCI to its modern day iteration.

• Like 2