Pick Any Show Throughout All Time and Eternity That You Wish You Saw Live

On 4/17/2017 at 9:56 AM, kdaddy said:

The 150 BC finals performance of the original Belshazzar's Feast by the Star of Babylon. *throwing babies*

Throwing them to the lions!

2 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

Same. Still think this may be the best “old school” show of all time. In retrospect it symbolized both the best of Cadets, and the turning point of DCI to its modern day iteration.

If 2011 is old school then I hate to think............

• Haha 2

On 5/9/2017 at 8:44 PM, N.E. Brigand said:

Apropos of nothing at all, I checked CorpsReps to see what shows happened on August 9, 1974. That was a Friday. Did anyone here attend either of the following? Corps are ordered by placement. Pretty amusing to see the Bluecoats, way down at 30th place in the lower division of the latter event. To respond to the original post: it would indeed be pretty neat to travel aback in time and see that performance.

World Open Prelims (Lynn, MA)

CLASS A: Muchachos, Anaheim Kingsmen, Pembroke Imperials, Kilties, Blue Stars, Bridgemen, Garfield Cadets, Purple Lancers, Beverly Cardinals, Phantom Regiment, 27th Lancers, Valley Grenadiers, Emerald Cadets, Surfers, CMCC Warriors, Boston Crusaders, I.C. Reveries, 507 Hornets, St. Francis Sancians, St. George's Olympians, 4th Brigade, Sir Thomas Moore, 5th Maine Regiment, Holy Family Defenders, Centurions

U.S. Open Prelims (Marion, OH)

Santa Clara Vanguard, Madison Scouts, Blue Devils, Black Knights, De La Salle Oaklands, Bleu Raeders, Royal Crusaders, Polish Falcon Cadets, Blue Rock, Marion Cadets, Pioneer, Americanos, Etobicoke Crusaders, Percussion-naut Patriotsm, Seneca Princemen, Black Watch, Squires, Colt 45s, Geneseo Knights, Grenadiers, Chevaliers, CapitolAires, General Butler Vagabonds, St. John's Girls, Monarchs, Iron Brigade, Spectacle City Mariners, Sacred Heart Crusaders

After reading through these lineups, a couple thoughts came to mind:

1. Did Cavaliers and Troopers have something better to do on this weekend?

2. The number of church-run /-sponsored corps was impressive

2 hours ago, 2muchcoffeeman said:

After reading through these lineups, a couple thoughts came to mind:

2. The number of church-run /-sponsored corps was impressive

Saturday August 10 Troopers did a waiting for the scores exhibition at Westshoremens home DCA show at Carlisle, PA. Buses pulled in night before and Corps did a street clothes run thru for members of Westshore who were there for practice.

s/ eye witness 😃

• Like 1

13 hours ago, greg_orangecounty said:

If 2011 is old school then I hate to think............

Old school keeps getting newer the older I get.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 2muchcoffeeman said:

I see that both corps performed in Toronto on Sunday, August 11, 1974.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Saturday August 10 Troopers did a waiting for the scores exhibition at Westshoremens home DCA show at Carlisle, PA. Buses pulled in night before and Corps did a street clothes run thru for members of Westshore who were there for practice.

s/ eye witness 😃

Somehow I never realized before how close Carlisle was to Harrisburg. I stayed overnight in Carlisle once, having caught a ride from Boiling Springs. You don't get much of a perspective on the larger picture when your map just shows you the elevation gain and the next shelter.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Somehow I never realized before how close Carlisle was to Harrisburg. I stayed overnight in Carlisle once, having caught a ride from Boiling Springs. You don't get much of a perspective on the larger picture when your map just shows you the elevation gain and the next shelter.

On the “Trail” eh....

• Like 1