brassdude6171

Pick Any Show Throughout All Time and Eternity That You Wish You Saw Live

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, BoyWonder1911 said:

Well shame on you. You could have easily quit the corps before the Finals performance  and watched it live from the stands since you were already there. But you chose not to do that. 

I don't know why I didn't think of that. Would have been a free ticket to finals! 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've seen all the ones I wish I've seen live. Consider me lucky.

A few of the most memorable moments for me were off the beaten track:

1. Cadets 1990 at old Meadowlands stadium - show rained out, Cadets still marched the whole show. Jaw dropping performance

2. BD 94 finals - LOVED it. Boston I think.

3. 2007 Cadets Semifinals at Rosebowl - they were on fire that night.

4. 2009 Crown on Finals night - man.

5. 87/88/89 Cavaliers - loved these shows - saw them all live

6. Star of Indiana in 93 at DOTR show - stirred up the lime dust into a cloud during performance - was so intense

7. 84/85 SCV finals - loved them both

many more...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Woochifer said:

1992 Finals, just to catch the crowd reaction when the shark made its first and only appearance of the season

I never laughed that hard over a drum corps show. It was HILARIOUS. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/10/2019 at 4:33 PM, George Dixon said:

I've seen all the ones I wish I've seen live. Consider me lucky.

A few of the most memorable moments for me were off the beaten track:

1. Cadets 1990 at old Meadowlands stadium - show rained out, Cadets still marched the whole show. Jaw dropping performance

 

I remember that... one of the first shows I worked for Cadets/YEA. You're right... they killed it that night.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/10/2019 at 4:26 PM, BoyWonder1911 said:

Well shame on you. You could have easily quit the corps before the Finals performance  and watched it live from the stands since you were already there. But you chose not to do that. 

I feel like Heisenberg's uncertainty principle comes into play here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd kill to have been able to watch Phantom 1996 and BD 1998 live. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm severely behind when it comes to having watched older shows. I only just became a fan pretty recently in 2016, and the oldest show I've watched all the way through was Star of Indiana 1991. However, with my limited knowledge of drum corps shows of the past, I would've loved to either have been around for Phantom 2008 or SCV 2018. I never got to see Babylon live, and Spartacus is just an insanely entertaining show that's probably 1000 times better in person.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, StrikerEZ said:

I'm severely behind when it comes to having watched older shows. I only just became a fan pretty recently in 2016, and the oldest show I've watched all the way through was Star of Indiana 1991. However, with my limited knowledge of drum corps shows of the past, I would've loved to either have been around for Phantom 2008 or SCV 2018. I never got to see Babylon live, and Spartacus is just an insanely entertaining show that's probably 1000 times better in person.

After you watch '08 Regiment also look up the '08 awards ceremony. When #2 gets announced it's bedlam.  <cue the Cavaliers members fainting>

Edited by Super Don-O

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/17/2017 at 10:33 AM, HockeyDad said:

Gar, are you sure it was the 68 show?  I thought it was the 65 show GR liked best. 

It was the 1965 show. That was the legendary Royal Airs show.

The '68 show wasn't too shabby, either.  LOL.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.