DCI Partners with FloMarching......

11 minutes ago, MGCpimpOtimp said:

I watched the end of PIW and ALL of A class finals on my Apple TV. Had the feed drop once during A class finals for about a minute, but that could have been my internet. Was HD the whole time, pretty decent audio.

It's drums in a gym -- how can you tell? :ninja: 

that aside - it's pretty hard to get good sound at a drum corps show (as we've all learned from years with the fan network).  they eventually got pretty ok at it,  but there were some terrible experiences.  (and then you compare it to what Mr Blair produces on the BluRays and then it makes it all those streaming shows sound like crap again).   

Edited by corpsband

2 hours ago, mingusmonk said:

Is this whole post sarcasm or just the last sentence? If some agreement or understanding like this existed, it would likely be 100 days from the beginning of the engagement, not from the first broadcast. 

If your post was a ruse, I fell for it.

Definitely sarcasm! Bigly so.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MotoSurfBass said:

Any problems I have had with A Finals tonight so far have been wi-fi bandwidth issues, not necessarily feed issues. Shot selection has been OK, could be a little more proactive in switching shots, but I'm sure that comes with practice in time. All in all, I can't really complain.

Yeah, there was no issue with the feed.  I watched A Finals straight through and didn't freeze or drop once.

And honestly I'm one of those people who doesn't like multi-cam and just wants to see the whole field all the time so the camera stuff is unlikely to bother me much for DCI.

• Like 3

So, after snooping around the various Flo web sites, I was eventually able to figure out that the monthly subscription will only get you access to the sport (or "sport," in this case) that you subscribe to, while the yearly subscription will get you access to Flo's full suite of sports coverage. DCI falls within the FloMarching umbrella, so I would assume (yeah, I know the risk in doing that) that those of you with FloMarching subscriptions for the WGI and/or BOA stuff are all ready set for the DCI season. And those with a yearly subscription to FloSports are free to move about the entire Flo-verse.

Flo also has apps for Roku and Apple TV, but apparently not Amazon Fire TV. As with just about everything Flo, reviews for these app are mixed (at best).

Finally, not sure if anyone has mentioned this or not, but Flo's DCI coverage schedule is online at http://www.flomarching.com/events.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Precious Roy said:

Finally, not sure if anyone has mentioned this or not, but Flo's DCI coverage schedule is online at http://www.flomarching.com/events.

Good find, imo.. Thanks for posting it.

1 hour ago, Precious Roy said:

So, after snooping around the various Flo web sites, I was eventually able to figure out that the monthly subscription will only get you access to the sport (or "sport," in this case) that you subscribe to, while the yearly subscription will get you access to Flo's full suite of sports coverage. DCI falls within the FloMarching umbrella, so I would assume (yeah, I know the risk in doing that) that those of you with FloMarching subscriptions for the WGI and/or BOA stuff are all ready set for the DCI season. And those with a yearly subscription to FloSports are free to move about the entire Flo-verse.

Flo also has apps for Roku and Apple TV, but apparently not Amazon Fire TV. As with just about everything Flo, reviews for these app are mixed (at best).

No Drums Along the Rockies. Guess they couldn't come to an agreement with the stadium's media team. This is extremely disappointing, as there were a few open class corps I wanted to catch, and this was the only opportunity (plus, I have a soft spot for my "home show"). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Precious Roy said:

Sounds like a bunch of revenue that DCI will be throwing away...not a bad deal I guess if you are interested in the other stuff..I'm currently not interested in the other stuff...

Not counting DCI Championships week, here is how the Top 12 Corps from last season stack up on in terms of the numbers of times their shows will be broadcast on FloMarching-DCI partnership broadcasts this summer :

Bluecoats......... 8

Blue Devils.......8

C.Crown...........9

SCV..................10

Cavaliers..........7

Cadets.............8

Blue Knights......7

Phantom Reg,,,.10

Blue Stars.........8

Crossmen.........7

Academy..........9

Boston.............5

4 hours ago, Precious Roy said:

I'm watching on the app on roku.  I haven't had one glitch and I'd definitely complain if it was bad.  

• Like 2