DCI Partners with FloMarching......

15 hours ago, 2muchcoffeeman said:

Yeah, the Flo press release mentions "the daily coverage" of DCI corps, but does not expand on what that means, and I haven't seen that element addressed anywhere else. 

, I am assuming you could look at their WGI coverage to get an idea of what we will see. We are already starting to see eatly Bleacher Report style list-icles. We will probably see lot videos. We will probably get designer and performer interviews.

17 hours ago, Kamarag said:

It's the internet. Nothing on the internet is ever truly gone, particularly when you can (absolutely legally) record any stream you purchase. You are correct about Flo having to purchase additional rights for on-demand service.

I'm buying the stream, and I'll record them when I can't watch them live.

You using Playon for this? Just curious which recording software that will work with Flo.

Well given the amount of videos I am seeing a couple days after the event I will take my chances by just waiting for a youtube video.

It does not look like I will get a decent IP and the new place I am going to rent.  I have unlimited data on my phone so..

4 minutes ago, flammaster said:

Well given the amount of videos I am seeing a couple days after the event I will take my chances by just waiting for a youtube video.

It does not look like I will get a decent IP and the new place I am going to rent.  I have unlimited data on my phone so..

It took a couple of weeks but WGI copyright police has just begun to lay waste on youtube.

1 hour ago, mingusmonk said:

It took a couple of weeks but WGI copyright police has just begun to lay waste on youtube.

You say that like it's a bad thing. WGI's efforts to enforce their licences is the only thing allowing their groups to secure rights in the future. The big picture is *way* more important.

Just now, Kamarag said:

You say that like it's a bad thing. WGI's efforts to enforce their licences is the only thing allowing their groups to secure rights in the future. The big picture is *way* more important.

Nah. No problem here. But definitely surprised that it took so long. Really just pointing out that he shouldn't ultimately expect things to be different with illicit video availability come August either.

I'm just going to bootleg all this stuff. Not worth the trouble to sit around and wait for freeeeeezzzze frame...... :whistle:

5 hours ago, E3D said:

I'm just going to bootleg all this stuff. Not worth the trouble to sit around and wait for freeeeeezzzze frame...... :whistle:

That made me cancel my account after only 3 days.  It was BAD and this house has a fast connection.  I understand they can't archive the videos but perhaps just like how you "rent" video online and have a certain time to watch it.  That would work great.

13 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I wonder if it made a difference that I watched on their app on Roku.  It worked fine for me.  In any case, I may purchase the month of July for $29.99 but that's all.  

I also used the FloMarching app on a Roku and had very little trouble. I've used FloMarching twice now - for the 2016 BOA and the 2017 WGI. I had very few problems. Had a few instances of freezing and buffering, but it was probably my home internet, since I had zero problems when watching at work on the computer. I'll be upgrading my home internet before the 2017 DCI season, so I assume that will take care of the few glitches, although nothing is perfect. I'm confident FloMarching will be just fine. It's already working for all the sports stuff, isn't it? *looks to the folks that use it for sports watching for comments*

• Like 1