DCI Partners with FloMarching......

Anyone know if FloMarching will provide a high cam stream AND a multicam stream for all of the events?  I know DCI Live did that for quite a few streams over the last couple seasons, and Fan Network before that.   I have an email in to DCI, but wanted to see if anyone knew here...

Just when I was getting used to DCI Live and maybe starting to get over the loss of fan network.  Now this catastrophe. 

So disappointing that DCI is willing to gamble with such a huge chunk of how fans see shows, and like Brasso said, commit to a multi-year contract??? 

Makes no sense.  What were they thinking?

I don't understand the hyperbole, before even one live event has been streamed. "Now this catastrophe." Really? What exactly is catastrophic at this point?

Previous years, many people (including me) pined for a more direct way to view the live streaming content from DCI. I used to have to hook up my sub-par laptop to the TV, log into my fan network account, and hope my computer could adequately handle the streaming while keeping it all in sync. Now, all I need is a Roku and an HDMI cable. Sign into flomarchimg, and I'm ready to go.

The live streaming product is more accessible now, imo. And, imo, that's a step in the right direction. I'll reserve future judgement on the final product until after I actually, you know, see an actual product (and not just assumptions on the worst case of what it might be).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Precious Roy said:

I don't understand the hyperbole, before even one live event has been streamed. "Now this catastrophe." Really? What exactly is catastrophic at this point?

Well to start, no one from outside the US can watch a live stream. That in itself is a large issue especially when it directly contradicts DCI's Mission Statement.

34 minutes ago, Precious Roy said:

The live streaming product is more accessible now

yes, it has a roku app. good for you and your roku. if it works, then it will be "more accessible" to you. other people exist, and have valid concerns and questions. 

as you said, nobody has seen the product. any of your assumptions are just as meaningless as those you are criticizing. 

i'm just hoping it's at least as good as dci live, which isn't a very high expectation. 

39 minutes ago, DCM said:

Well to start, no one from outside the US can watch a live stream. That in itself is a large issue especially when it directly contradicts DCI's Mission Statement.

As a potential customer who will be outside of the US for three weeks during the season, this is disappointing news.

• Like 1

A huge issue is that it can only be watched by people who live in the USA.  During WGI Flo Marching said they hoped to have a solution for international viewers - and here we are several months later and still no solution and I doubt that they will get one either!

• Like 1

I have seen the product.  I was a FloMarching member last year with MusicForAll and I can attest, it is absolutely the worst video streaming service I have ever subscribed.  I will never use them again.  No high-cam perspective, sound quality was atrocious, the feed was abysmal, and practically no customer service representation.  And trust that it was not on my end as I was on fiber, hard-wired with download speeds near 140mbps.  After the regular season, I attended BOA Grand Nationals and I finally got a good look at FloMarching's crew... hardly a level above high school kids running that program.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, mrjaydub said:

I have seen the product.  I was a FloMarching member last year with MusicForAll and I can attest, it is absolutely the worst video streaming service I have ever subscribed.  I will never use them again.  No high-cam perspective, sound quality was atrocious, the feed was abysmal, and practically no customer service representation.  And trust that it was not on my end as I was on fiber, hard-wired with download speeds near 140mbps.  After the regular season, I attended BOA Grand Nationals and I finally got a good look at FloMarching's crew... hardly a level above high school kids running that program.

I think this is the biggest fear out there........the technology side of things can be worked through, but if the coverage is sub-par to begin with, what's the point.  To the poster that said Flo works just fine for sports, that is such a completely different arena.  Does anybody really care about the sound quality of a basketball dribbling?