DCI Partners with FloMarching......

17 minutes ago, wonker said:

I think this is the biggest fear out there........the technology side of things can be worked through, but if the coverage is sub-par to begin with, what's the point.  To the poster that said Flo works just fine for sports, that is such a completely different arena.  Does anybody really care about the sound quality of a basketball dribbling?

Flo Wrestling had plenty of struggles out of the gate. But, as you stated, tech was worked through and I understand it to be much improved.

Are not the u.s. only restrictions due to rights issues? If so, wouldn't any streaming service have to deal with the same issues/restrictions?

Look. I have similar concerns as others, and I'd probably be major upset if I lived outside the u.s.  And, full disclosure, I've yet to subscribe (largely because of the same concerns). But I'm also willing to see/hear actual reports from the field before I publicly declare a catastrophe.

12 hours ago, DCI-86 said:

A huge issue is that it can only be watched by people who live in the USA.  During WGI Flo Marching said they hoped to have a solution for international viewers - and here we are several months later and still no solution and I doubt that they will get one either!

WGI ended a whole whopping 6 weeks ago. there's most likely legalities involved, and i sure as hell wouldnt want to announce without the facts being straight

12 hours ago, mrjaydub said:

I have seen the product.  I was a FloMarching member last year with MusicForAll and I can attest, it is absolutely the worst video streaming service I have ever subscribed.  I will never use them again.  No high-cam perspective, sound quality was atrocious, the feed was abysmal, and practically no customer service representation.  And trust that it was not on my end as I was on fiber, hard-wired with download speeds near 140mbps.  After the regular season, I attended BOA Grand Nationals and I finally got a good look at FloMarching's crew... hardly a level above high school kids running that program.

WGi percussion finals had multicam, and customer service was answering emails hours after the event ended to address issues before the next days show.

I think they learned a lot between horrid BOA feedback and WGI.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

WGI ended a whole whopping 6 weeks ago. there's most likely legalities involved, and i sure as hell wouldnt want to announce without the facts being straight

I think you mis understood what I wrote - let me expand it.  When we found out we couldn't watch WGI (I am in the UK), we contacted WGI and Flomarching, who said they hoped before WGI started they would have the international copyright issues resolved.  Clearly they haven't.......

• Like 1

On 4/20/2017 at 11:06 PM, Liahona said:

So in my estimation...to get the best bang for the buck it would make sense to WAIT and order this MONTHLY just a couple of days BEFORE JUNE 25...therefore the charge would be say June 24th $29.99...July 24th $29.99...carry through and CANCEL the 2nd week of August...total spent $59.98...

This is definitely the way to go for me.  Thanks for sussing it out!

10 minutes ago, luv4corps said:

This is definitely the way to go for me.  Thanks for sussing it out!

I don't watch WGI and the others...so that's what I'm doing...for those that watch WGI and stuff the yearly makes more sense for them...

Sorry, I'm really late to the party here.  One question:  If I purchase a 30$ month long subscription late in July, Finals will be included in the base subscription price?   Wasn't it $80 just to watch finals last year?  That's a heck of a mark down...

• Like 1