DCI Partners with FloMarching......

11 minutes ago, eightyonepointthree said:

Anyone else think that flomarchinghas no idea what a marching group is supposed to sound like? On my end I am getting so much front ensemble that brass is nearly impossible to hear sometimes, and the quality of the equipment they are using is terrible.

Same on my side. If his is what it's going to be, I want a refund! Hopefully they fix this.

1 minute ago, Tacited said:

Same on my side. If his is what it's going to be, I want a refund! Hopefully they fix this.

This is how it was for BOA this year. I wrote to DCI a few months before The FLO announcement expressing that a partnership with FLO would be a bad idea and they wrote back "DCi will be producing all DCi LIVE shows this summer". Liars.

Well..... it's better than Buffalo from a few years ago................................................. :fight:

16 minutes ago, eightyonepointthree said:

Anyone else think that flomarchinghas no idea what a marching group is supposed to sound like? On my end I am getting so much front ensemble that brass is nearly impossible to hear sometimes, and the quality of the equipment they are using is terrible.

based on what I've heard at live shows over the last few years, it is perfectly possible early season that one marimba can be overpowering 70 horns...

• Like 1

Just now, soccerguy315 said:

based on what I've heard at live shows over the last few years, it is perfectly possible early season that one marimba can be overpowering 70 horns...

LOL LOL LOL.

4 hours ago, Iloveband said:

Just a heads up, they will charge you the whole $150 if you decide this option. It simply shows you the discounted price you get if you choose this option. It will NOT be $12.50 a month. 

Yep, when I realized this I decided that the yearly package will have to wait for me. Maybe closer to San Antonio...

I purchased the full year option tonight.  I'm just watching on my PC, but running audio through quality system.
So far I've been very pleased with both video and audio.  Yes, too much front ensemble at times, but have also heard those issues live and on the theater broadcasts...not to mention with past DCI streams on Fan Network.

I've actually had a lot more issues with DCP buffering tonight than FloMarching.

Should also mention that the YEARLY subscription is indeed charged immediately and automatically renews a year late on the date you first subscribed.  You can of course cancel prior to that...of you remember.

Edited by oldbandguy

I would others to continue to comment as I am on the fence with Flomarching.  I found their pricing policies confusing. 

Because of that I did NOT sign up tonight, and I've been looking at their product for the last month.  As much as I love the previous year's live broadcasts I don't see the point of spending $150 for a poor product that is only frustrating to watch.

• Like 1