Anyone march with a Long Island Drum & Bugle Corp

Any other forum members march with a Long Island Drum and Bugle Corps.  If so, what corps and era did you march with the corps.  I marched with the Medford Golden Grenadiers in the 60's.  We went from a fire department parade corps with drums, horns and glocks to an M&M corps.

Grenadier.

Sunrisers, 1977-1982.

• Like 1

Queensmen 58,,59,Sunrisers 63thur69 back in 74 and again 80 thur 83 back in 2007

Edited by Florida Sun
added more info.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Frank didn\t you also march Queensmen ?

Yes I did, CC.

I just didn't consider St. Albans as "Long Island" since it's in Queens, technically in "the City". You're right, though. From the standpoint of Geography, like Brooklyn, it's actually on "Long Island".

Incidentally, one of our St. Albans and Mineola buddies, Billy Cobham, is being inducted into the World Drum Corps Hall of Fame.

Go, Long Island!

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Farmingdale Vanguards, Regimentals and L. I. Sunrisers.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/30/2017 at 10:23 AM, Grenadier said:

Any other forum members march with a Long Island Drum and Bugle Corps.  If so, what corps and era did you march with the corps.  I marched with the Medford Golden Grenadiers in the 60's.  We went from a fire department parade corps with drums, horns and glocks to an M&M corps.

Grenadier.

I was the kid who carried the First Aid kit for Bert Ellis. When I played little league at Tremont Ave. school, we were so bad that we'd turn the benches to watch Paul Litteau put the Walshes, Hamms, Ellises, Vaughns, etc through their paces. That started me, a saxophone player to love drum corps. That's at time when FD parades were at least two or three times a week and Suffolk and Nassau Counties had 5 circuits. When the corps merged with the Kings Park Kingsmen, I went along to help admin but helped form "the other Phantom Regiment color guard organization." The rest is DCI's bane.

• Like 1

L.I.Sunrisers, 1975-1985....