Nimrod vs Lux Aeterna

1 hour ago, Mycroft said:

nope sorry.   well played.  nice arrangement.  but... snooze-fest.

so was Crown's (although I adore what they did visually so I didn't much care )((and going on right after Danzon certainly didn't help it)) . 

honestly until i heard that Voces8 version I didn't think it could be made interesting.  they changed my mind.  

2 hours ago, corpsband said:

ive always been bored, bored, bored by Nimrod.  but for some reason I find this video much more palatable. 

instrumentation matters.

That might make a good pre-recorded pre-show for a corps or marching band.

Speaking of Nimrod, I'm excited to hear the Oregon Crusaders do more of the Enigma Variations than just Nimrod. I also wonder if the Crossmen, based on their show announcement, will be bringing some Elgar to the field as well.

11 minutes ago, Hrothgar15 said:

What about the Crown 1996 "Nimrod"-based fast-paced closer? I thought that worked well musically.

it worked but it was  pretty badly drum-corps-ized --  to the point that i have a hard time saying it's Nimrod anymore.  but you make a good point. 

do you agree with me about the voice vs. instrumental?  i mean the first link i posted was to the CSO -- no slouch of an orchestra and presumably a very fine version.  and it's like a double shot of nyquil with a JD chaser!  

Edited by corpsband