Blue Devils 2017 Show Announcement

46 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Why would 2 Corps want to knowingly decide to play the same song in competition with one another, and in competition with other Corps ? I don't quite see the benefit of such an agreed collusion to do something like this. What benefit (s) do each of the 2 Corps gets from this arrangement ? And what would the two Corps in such an arrangement get collectively over the others who did not make such a duo arrangement ? I guess I'm trying to understand the benefits of such, but not quite grasping it at the moment. Care to elaborate on the perceived benefit(s ) of 2 corps getting together to agree to play the same song in competition ?

Who said there's a percieved benefit? :doh: 

Two corps independently came to the conclusion that specific piece of music fit their concept.  There's no mysterious collusion.  or WAIT -- maybe there is?? perhaps there's a secret plan :ninja:  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ghost said:

Wonder if this was pre planned by each corps.

As I stated above...  ( my words ) "its inconceivable " to me that the two Corps of SCV and BD colluded to play the same song this summer, ie " pre planned ". But if thats what some people are thinking, or pondering the possibilities of it,  well thats that, I guess. But I don't subscribe to this at all. My guess, its a mere coincidence, and nothing nefarious afront in any event by either Corps with this.

One year... some long timers here will certainly recall...  even more than 2 DCI  Corps played " Children of Sanchez " in the same year. It happens. Nothing conspiratorial nor nefarious about it, imo

Edited by BRASSO

BD is playing at the Concord Pavilion this year June 3 for the first time in a long while.  it used to be BD, SCV and Mandarins did a standstill performance in spring each year. (I think around April)  I still have a couple cassettes of these shows.

I hope this begins as a thing again.

I am pretty sure that SCV A corps will be doing their camp up in Weed, CA around that time but it would be nice if their Cadets came and Mandarins.

(hey I can hope)

25 minutes ago, flammaster said:

BD is playing at the Concord Pavilion this year June 3 for the first time in a long while.  it used to be BD, SCV and Mandarins did a standstill performance in spring each year. (I think around April)  I still have a couple cassettes of these shows.

I hope this begins as a thing again.

I am pretty sure that SCV A corps will be doing their camp up in Weed, CA around that time but it would be nice if their Cadets came and Mandarins.

(hey I can hope)

Don't forget VK.  Didn't they do the Pavillion way back too?

I'm guess the last time BD went here was their Winged Victory show.

4 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

The sky is blue.  (Waiting for a disagreement). :lol:

I don't know. It's been pretty gray here the past few days.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

Don't forget VK.  Didn't they do the Pavillion way back too?

I'm guess the last time BD went here was their Winged Victory show.

I don't think so.  As far as i know it stopped around the late 90's?  I went to 97 and my son was 2 now he is doing it himself.  (wow that just hit me)...cool

• Like 1