A California Year?

I get a sense that this will be a very good year for California in DCI.

I say BD and SCV go 1-2 (not just saying that bc of this week's show announcements).

Who agrees?

It'll depend on what Crown, Bluecoats, and maybe Cavaliers and Cadets have to bring to the field. But I would be elated if SCV beats BD at Finals. If I'm not mistaken, the last time that happened was 1998.

• Like 1

BD hasn't lost back to back seasons since 05-06! Take a second to think about that! Eventually the streak will be broken as everything comes to an end at some point, just hopefully not this year. I hope BD wins, but if we have another 1999, i am ok with it. Cali corps stand up!!

Just now, Chief Guns said:

BD hasn't lost back to back seasons since 05-06! Take a second to think about that! Eventually the streak will be broken as everything comes to an end at some point, just hopefully not this year. I hope BD wins, but if we have another 1999, i am ok with it. Cali corps stand up!!

99 was my favorite outcome.  I was beside myself with joy.  I love these two drum corps.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, flammaster said:

99 was my favorite outcome.  I was beside myself with joy.  I love these two drum corps.

99 is right there with 2014 for me hearing BD annihilate the record with 99.65.  My heart bleeds blue and always will.......but how can you not LOVE SCV? They are the definition of respect and class. 

I say at least one corps from last year's top 3 drops out and SCV is certainly positioning themselves to move up a spot or two from last year. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, smiler said:

I think Bluecoats & Carolina will improve again this year so im going for them for the top two spots.

Hard for bloo to improve and keep design stellar. Year 4 for the new Bloo. Not easy to keep fresh and wow but talent/performance levels may keep them in top 3. We'll see.