Standing ovations after percussion breaks

15 hours ago, shmeg212 said:

A few minutes ago I stumbled upon the VERY exciting 1992 version of City of Angels by the Madison Scouts. While watching the show, I noticed something (other than this being one of the few times where the rehash was better than the original). I noticed that after the big drumline break near the end of the show, the camera shows the crowd and a good number of them are on their feet going wild. Now I'm not a percussionist so I wouldn't know what a REALLY clean drumline sounds like, but they must have been pretty good to get an ovation like that. Afterwards, it hit me, I've never seen a drumline get a standing o, so if anyone has any input or has seen more drum breaks get said ovations it would be very much appreciated if you could share!

Keep in mind that Finals was in Madison in 92.

Not that it wasn't great...

Edited by mfrontz

21 hours ago, mfrontz said:

Keep in mind that Finals was in Madison in 92.

Not that it wasn't great...

Exactly, you got to factor in the home crowd energy, wouldn't surprise me if the ones standing were mostly Madison Scouts Drumline alum. But like others stated, drum features were mostly solos or its own movement within the show back in the day. That said Madison Scouts had some exciting drum features with great brass re-entries back then 93,94,& 95.