Joe "JAG" Anthony Giammetteo

Several have contacted me about JAG - well known Audio/Video engineer for the activity... asking if I know if it's true that he has passed on.

Unfortunately, I can verify that this is true. His mother had one of the CT guys contact a few people she knew were close to him and I was on the list. He had lung disease. There will be a mention in the next issue of Drum Corps World. At his request, there was no funeral or obit. Not sure of the exact date of passing but was around April 23 or so.

One of the friends on his list who is in close contact with his mother is trying to determine if there are items in his audio/video library that should be salvaged for posterity. As many of you know, he frequently had a boom mic or camera in front of corps in both DCA and DCI... plus an extensive historical documentation of the US Marine Corps Drum and Bugle Corps. I'm not involved in this effort but wish them well.

Very sorry to hear this news. JAG and I were good friends for many years. He was always of great help with the Allentown events . Very kind and cooperative. He and I spent time meeting with some people in the Hartford Area to promote hosting a DCA Championship there. I'll miss the surprise DVDs in the mail!

Rest in Peace, my friend.

Sad news.  Jag was a good guy in drum corps.  I remember him at Allentown in the early to mid 1980's.  He always had a smile on his face and a kind word to me.  God bless his soul.  Another good drum corps man in heaven.  My condolences to his family.

Nm.

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Like 1