2017 Blue Stars

I looked all over DCP and couldn't find a forum for the 2017 season of the Blue Stars. Someone had to make it, so I did. I'm a trumpet and this is my first year in the corps. I can reveal anything about the show music or any other leaks people ask for. I should probably ask permission from the administration first, though!

• Like 1

I found the earlier Blue Stars thread for you... and bumped it to the top.

Best of success to you this summer marching Blue Stars... enjoy the experience, and the audiences !

Hey BStrumpet,

We made a thread for your corps already back in August, which you can go to by clicking here. And we would appreciate if you do not leak any information to us publicly without permission, although it's possible for you to privately send us information at the recipients' requests. Congratulations on making it into the Blue Stars, and I hope you have a memorable summer!

Edited by Cadevilina Crown

2 hours ago, BStrumpet said:

I looked all over DCP and couldn't find a forum for the 2017 season of the Blue Stars. Someone had to make it, so I did. I'm a trumpet and this is my first year in the corps. I can reveal anything about the show music or any other leaks people ask for. I should probably ask permission from the administration first, though!

Congrats on making it!  We have got one as stated.  Love the staff additions and what (little) I've heard so far is pretty awesome.  Looking forward to hearing more!  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BStrumpet said:

Waiting for the corps to make the announcement is a good idea, even with a anonymous screen name. DCP posters have a pretty good idea of who is who.  I hit the return key too soon when I first signed up for DCP, not realizing until after I had signed up I used my first name and the initial of my last name, so it's not rocket science tobguess me. People from the Boston area know who I am, and since I am not controversial that's not a problem. Last summer at finals I purchased a ticket in a block with people who have followed the activity for years.  I made a comment at semi's that was similar to a post I made on DCP the previous day. A person behind me who agreed asked "Do you use the name Tim K on Drum Corps Planet?" I also guessed other users who sat with me and I was correct. It's not hard to figure out who's who. I have nothing to lose by people discovering me, but as a marching member divulging corps confidences, it's probably not wise. The corps will let us know what it wants us to know when the time is right.

That being said, I believe the last time Blue astars have been in New England for a show other than DCI (1994 and 2005) was 1981, or at least that's the last time I recall seeing them, so they are overdue a visit to the Boston area. You can tell that to the administration.