San Antonio regional

Surprised they're just now making these changes.  But, then there's my son taking a high position with the Grand Ole Opry last year and one of his first changes was there would no longer be weapons allowed inside the concert hall.  That institution has been open for many decades.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Surprised they're just now making these changes.  But, then there's my son taking a high position with the Grand Ole Opry last year and one of his first changes was there would no longer be weapons allowed inside the concert hall.  That institution has been open for many decades.

yes I was just there for an event and the metal detectors / wands were encircling the Opry. Smart IMO in this day and age - protecting these big audience at prominent venues. Such soft targets for someone nefarious 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Thanks for the post and link. It will help planning and avoid surprises at the entrance in July.

• Like 1

This doesn't affect me much, so I'm good with it. What I have written DCI about recently though is the unacceptable situation at the vending area during the breaks. I've been going to SA for the SW Champs for 10 years and have never seen all the corps perform because the crowding is so bad and the vending understaffed. I wish they would fix this. Still no response from DCI.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I'm all for the clear bags and no backpacks.  I think they're far too lax at LOS.  

For prelims and semi's you're right on target. I just purchased a new camera bag, but the older bag had all kinds of pockets and compartments that were never searched and it would not have taken more than a few seconds either. Finals is a bit more thorough but still hardly adequate. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, EarCupper said:

This doesn't affect me much, so I'm good with it. What I have written DCI about recently though is the unacceptable situation at the vending area during the breaks. I've been going to SA for the SW Champs for 10 years and have never seen all the corps perform because the crowding is so bad and the vending understaffed. I wish they would fix this. Still no response from DCI.

I probably shouldn't say this but my husband does state of the art physical security and critical infrastructure designs for many vertical markets around the world.  He winces when he sees and is very disturbed by the lack of security procedures during DCI events.   A great deal of non-screening happening on or off the field.  

He sent an email to DCI and outlined what they should be identifying and the vulnerabilities.  He never received an acknowledgement or response.  

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

He sent an email to DCI and outlined what they should be identifying and the vulnerabilities.  He never received an acknowledgement or response.  

"We have met the enemy and he is us."  Walt Kelly

• Like 1