2017 Drum Finish Thread

I always look forward to this time of year, mostly for the new drum finishes! Have any been revealed yet?

5 minutes ago, xandandl said:

As revealed last week and posted on DCP by another poster. cf The Cadets' thread p. 471 On 5/24/2017 at 10:42 PM, George Dixon said:

video reveal posted.:;

30 minutes ago, Liahona said:

Wow! Cant go wrong with a silver sparkle finish.   Those look great!

32 minutes ago, tamadrummer04 said:

Wow! Cant go wrong with a silver sparkle finish.   Those look great!

With the horns alread6 silver chrome, and the clothing to be some sort of maroon and cream get-up, I'm thinking that this is a distinctively simple appearance as compared to what BD and others have used to wrap their drums. Cadets show reveal announcement and GH's comment have already spoken about props, stained glass used somehow (flags? flats? whatever) and perhaps even a mid-show change in clothing for guard and perhaps musicians. If so, then the simple look prevents an overly cluttered distraction with all that variety around them. While I know BD changed their drum wraps mid-show, sometimes less is actually more.

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, xandandl said:

With the horns alread6 silver chrome, and the clothing to be some sort of maroon and cream get-up, I'm thinking that this is a distinctively simple appearance as compared to what BD and others have used to wrap their drums. Cadets show reveal announcement and GH's comment have already spoken about props, stained glass used somehow (flags? flats? whatever) and perhaps even a mid-show change in clothing for guard and perhaps musicians. If so, then the simple look prevents an overly cluttered distraction with all that variety around them. While I know BD changed their drum wraps mid-show, sometimes less is actually more.

Indeed. Less is more in a lot of cases, this maybe being one of them. Cadets have used simple drum finishes throughout the years also, so this choice doesn't surprise me one bit. Keeps it classy.