A another great show in Everette FREE FREE FREE

It was a great show, and interesting. There were lots of OC corps parents and friends in the crowd, your usual DCA fan base that just loves a good show and getting together, dome who had not seen a drum corps show since the days of the Eastern Mass and CYO circuits, and lots of folks who showed up after the parade. For those who had never been to a show or it had been a while, the set up and clean up was fascinating for them to watch. For those who don't like people talking during shows or getting up and leaving, it could be annoying, but it was free so we can't complain too much.

Sunrisers owned the show and the crowd loved them. They have a lot of fun with the "Baccanale" (not sure I spelled that correctly) and showed good musical prowess too.

Skyliners had the most serious themed show and I thought they conveyed their boxed in theme well. Some great musical moments and solos.

Hurricanes with "Porgy and Bess" had a great summer feel and some wonderful musical moments, but also seemed to struggle a bit which made it a bit uneven, but not something that can't be fixed as Labor Day weekend approaches.

Excelsior has heart, and I love heart in drum corps. I could not help but wonder if they are the Les Stentors of DCA, and as someone who loves Les Stentors and is in the stands bright and early in Indy to see them perform, this is a compliment. They have a bass drummer who looks no more than 12, possibly younger, who doesn't miss a beat. I love it. We need more of drum corps being for everybody and that's what Excelsior did for me. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tim K said:

It was a great show, and interesting. There were lots of OC corps parents and friends in the crowd, your usual DCA fan base that just loves a good show and getting together, dome who had not seen a drum corps show since the days of the Eastern Mass and CYO circuits, and lots of folks who showed up after the parade. For those who had never been to a show or it had been a while, the set up and clean up was fascinating for them to watch. For those who don't like people talking during shows or getting up and leaving, it could be annoying, but it was free so we can't complain too much.

Sunrisers owned the show and the crowd loved them. They have a lot of fun with the "Baccanale" (not sure I spelled that correctly) and showed good musical prowess too.

Skyliners had the most serious themed show and I thought they conveyed their boxed in theme well. Some great musical moments and solos.

Hurricanes with "Porgy and Bess" had a great summer feel and some wonderful musical moments, but also seemed to struggle a bit which made it a bit uneven, but not something that can't be fixed as Labor Day weekend approaches.

Excelsior has heart, and I love heart in drum corps. I could not help but wonder if they are the Les Stentors of DCA, and as someone who loves Les Stentors and is in the stands bright and early in Indy to see them perform, this is a compliment. They have a bass drummer who looks no more than 12, possibly younger, who doesn't miss a beat. I love it. We need more of drum corps being for everybody and that's what Excelsior did for me. 

Thanks for the thoughts on the show!!! For those of us who couldn't be there, it's nice to get some insight.

• Like 1

Why was C2 not there?

Edited by Fran Haring

Very nice report. It sounds like much of the audience stayed for the whole show--is that right?

And if so, do you have any sense of which of the corps--and I mean out of all the DCI, DCA, and alumni groups--were their favorites?

18 hours ago, icecubeguy said:

Why was C2 not there?

There is another thread about that on this forum.

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/index.php?/topic/166689-cadets-2-out-of-the-everett-show/

16 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Very nice report. It sounds like much of the audience stayed for the whole show--is that right?

And if so, do you have any sense of which of the corps--and I mean out of all the DCI, DCA, and alumni groups--were their favorites?

l think he said Sunrisers owned this show .crowd behind them all the way.

26 minutes ago, Florida Sun said:

l think he said Sunrisers owned this show, crowd behind them all the way.

Ah, thanks. I wasn't sure if that was meant to include all the corps or just the DCA corps.

54 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Ah, thanks. I wasn't sure if that was meant to include all the corps or just the DCA corps.

From what I've read/heard, Sun and DCI's Spartans were the crowd favorites.