Opening Night!

9 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

Totally disagree. She adds a TON to the show, and she is amazing. Love it. Tired of the people who gripe about "I just wanna hear brass and drums and nothing else." Get over it, DCI has moved on. 

One could as easily reply: Get over it, the complaints are here to stay until DCI "moves on" from vocals.

• Like 7

I'm still waiting for a corps to do a show called "turnt" :laughing:

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Crown Phan said:

For Good had me almost in tears in the theater. Never thought a singer could be effective in a ballad during the big climax but WOW did they prove me wrong. Best ballad since 2013. 

I agree. It will be one of the better ballads of the summer. Some will hate it, but who cares. These kids and this corps need to do what works for them.  I feel the same way about the Cadets.  I actually really like their show.  Lots to work with and I feel they have a vehicle that will grow all summer.  Some will hate it, but who cares what they think. The Cadets needed to make this move.  They need to learn how to program in this new manner.  It isn't going to be perfect right away.  Bravo to the Cadets today though. I like it.  And Crown...WOW, that is some mighty impressive performing for early season.  Love the vocal! Love the brass, and I even love the percussion grooves going on.  Guard was fantastic. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

As I recall, at least some people who knew the jazz reworkings of Stravinsky upon which BD were drawing felt that BD was not doing justice to those works.

Sure... but at the deeper level was to incorporate the understanding of how the original work was perceived and received.  They were really pushing those limits... on purpose.  And that obviously wouldn't appeal to a wide viewership.

3 minutes ago, Sandonovan said:

I'm still waiting for a corps to do a show called "turnt" :laughing:

That will probably be the same year a corps does a show entitled 'Lit". 

Edited by Mac13
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, N.E. Brigand said:

One could as easily reply: Get over it, the complaints are here to stay until DCI "moves on" from vocals.

Will not happen.  

• Like 1

BD 1992 When a Man Loves a Woman is still the standard on that. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Brass Lover said:

And people thought the Felliniesque colorguard uniforms were promiscuous :spitting:

thats funny. remember Dutchboy 90-91

• Like 3