Opening Night!

1 minute ago, henry7184 said:

Well, a higher score doesn't mean that they are outperforming where they were last year. It's just a number. A judge scores the first corps with a number, and then has to base all remaining scores off that number. If he/she scores the first corps too high, everyone will be scored too high. It's spreads, not numbers. 

You don't think some of these groups busted their butts a whole lot more this spring than last?  I dunno... I think that a handful of these groups made intentional efforts to be much more complete on night one.  I don't think those scores are inflated or nearly as relative as the old 'slotting' theory would suggest.

6 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

How are you my friend?  I haven't spent much time on the forums this year so I hope to catch up a bit but it's good to see your posts.  -Dave

Things are good. How are you?  Still calling bingo for the corps.  Looking forward to an exciting 2017 season for sure. :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jwillis35 said:

Go read my old posts.

I think I've read them all.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bandman28 said:

Not at all.  This is performance art and taking on a theatrical character.  I would be proud to see my daughter perform on this level.  If you go back you will find much worse.  Only dirty minded old men would take it out of context.  These are the same old geesers that let their mouths water over the young ladies no matter what they are wearing.

Who gets to decide what good "performance art" and "theatrical character" is...and does that make it ok for teenagers to be showcased in this way.  I think if my daughter were up there I might ask her to put a robe on.    Well, let's not help the dirty men out any...let's do them any favors.  

• Like 2

Those percussion scores. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cfirwin3 said:

You don't think some of these groups busted their butts a whole lot more this spring than last?  I dunno... I think that a handful of these groups made intentional efforts to be much more complete on night one.  I don't think those scores are inflated or nearly as relative as the old 'slotting' theory would suggest.

I think all corps busted their butts. I don't know if Bluecoats are better, the same, or worse than they were at the first show last year (or anyone else for that matter). All I'm staying is it's the spreads that matter, not the number. The scores could be inflated, they could not be inflated. I don't know.

Edited by henry7184
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, FaustianMachine said:

"Drum Major, Yolo Swaggins, is M'Corps ready?"
*Drum major turns their hoverboard around and vapes a salute*
"Presenting their 2420 Program Turnt: 420 Blaze It..."

This just made my night :spitting::laughing:

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, chris7997 said:

Is anyone concerned about this?  I'm not trying to be a prude...but we do have minors in the activity...and I'm sure even ...I know sex sells, but I didn't come to watch a lust filled cabaret.  These women are fairly young.  Am I crazy, or are the dad's of these girls cool with this? 

Do you mean the dad of a 21 year old adult woman ?  Probably OK with it.