Opening Night!

6 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

I think all corps busted their butts. I don't know if Bluecoats are better, the same, or worse than they were at the first show last year (or anyone else for that matter). All I'm staying is it's the spreads that matter, not the number. The scores could be inflated, they could not be inflated. I don't know.

Spot on

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chris7997 said:

Who gets to decide what good "performance art" and "theatrical character" is...and does that make it ok for teenagers to be showcased in this way.  I think if my daughter were up there I might ask her to put a robe on.    Well, let's not help the dirty men out any...let's do them any favors.  

Well, the average age of the corps is 20.   I don't see them walking the streets, working in a strip bar etc.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brass Lover said:

There's two corps in California that might have something to say about that though.

My point absolutely includes them...

If any one corps does consistently better in GE in a field of 3 or more technically competitive groups... then that corps will be the winner.

• Like 1

Just now, Cappybara said:

Spot on

I am saying that all corps busted their butts... that's my point.

2 minutes ago, cfirwin3 said:

I'm saying that Crown, Cavies and Cadets are probably much more complete and cleaner than they were at the start of last year, by design and planning.  I would imagine that the Bluecoats are just repeating the same formula, but they are probably marginally better at it now than before.

Cavs and Cadets I would say yes they're more complete than last yr but not Crown.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

Maybe. What does it matter? It's the first show, with only 6 corps. I'm pretty sure BD and SCV will have something to say about who wins this season. 

It matters because the suggestion was that the scores may need 'correction' or that they will be enormously high in the end.  I don't think either of those things are true.

I would bet that BD and SCV will be scoring around 70-73 at their first show as well.