Opening Night!

Just now, Terri Schehr said:

See I thought Fosse when I saw Bluecoats.  And they did do his signature move with the derbies. 

THANK YOU. I was totally trying to place a name on the "this influenced by that famous dancer..." instinct I had. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, palmettomello said:

I think it's going to be interesting to follow Crown's GE score for the rest of the season as their show develops more.

Everyone's show is incomplete.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, cfirwin3 said:

It matters because the suggestion was that the scores may need 'correction' or that they will be enormously high in the end.  I don't think either of those things are true.

I would bet that BD and SCV will be scoring around 70-73 at their first show as well.

But it doesn't matter. If the Bluecoats scored a 60.0 and won tonight, I wouldn't think "holy crap, none of these six are going to make finals." I'd think, "gee, they are scoring the corps low to start. Weird." It's just a number. Whether you win finals with a 96 or a 99, you win finals. 

Again, the brass judge scores Crossmen first. If he gives them a score that's too high, then Blue Stars come out and are 0.5 better, their score is too high too, and so on and so forth. Same if the Crossmen are scored to low. It's all about spreads, not the final score. BD wasn't 0.35 from perfect in 2014. They were just that much better than the 2nd place corps, and the judges ran out of room. Spreads matter, not numbers.

Edited by henry7184
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

I don't have a cat doing the Fosse signature move with a derby! 

I actually started a search for that before you posted. There ARE a number of cats in blowers though. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mfrontz said:

Tonight will do nothing to quiet the 'Deb Torchia hates The Cavaliers' contingent

It's true though...

• Like 1