Opening Night!

16 minutes ago, xandandl said:

You can quote year, verse and shoe size for the Cavaliers, but you still haven't learned how to do this for every show?

http://www.fromthepressbox.com/

DrumcorpsTX I have your first remedial student for you. For his penalty, he has to ride the Cavies' guard bus to the next show in time for rookie initiations.:whistle:

HAHA! To be fair, I can quote a lot of things from lots of corps. But I see how this helps me in this situation 

Thank you for the link.

Edited by Hook'emCavies

9 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

Fromthepressbox.com as xandahowever you spell it said.  is a FANTASTIC resource for schedules, judging panels, judges tapes, and a recap archive!   

I deliberately misspelled your name as I was not  certain whether you had finished celebrating your new certification. I and DCP agree you certainly were certifiable. :-p

Edited by xandandl

38 minutes ago, littlejaw said:

Been trying to find a video to rewatch the show. But most of the time I feel the corps had long visual phrases and no sets were hit strongly just kind of passed through. But that was my thoughts on the first read. The Cavaliers moved a whole heck of a lot more. I expect the Cadets and Crown to be flying as well.

Clocked the show since I'm excited for tonight and don't want to be working. The hornline is moving roughly 8 minutes 20 seconds of say 11 minute show.  Consider there's a ballad which most groups have big park and bark, transitions, and loud ending to each part I would say that they do in fact move often. 

Cadets vocal ensemble singing the national anthem tonight!

I'm very excited about the season about the season getting underway. I won't get to see any live drum corps (other than spring training) until Pittsburgh next week. Need my fix. Work obligation tonight. Boo! 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Cadets vocal ensemble singing the national anthem tonight!

I'm very excited about the season about the season getting underway. I won't get to see any live drum corps (other than spring training) until Pittsburgh next week. Need my fix. Work obligation tonight. Boo! 

Oh? That is pretty cool! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Corpfan said:

Anyone know if there is an encore tonight?

For the past few years (at least since 2014) they have rebroadcast the previous year's championship performance, so my guess would be 2016 Bluecoats is the encore. What happens at LOS for the live crowd I can't say.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tim K said:

For the past few years (at least since 2014) they have rebroadcast the previous year's championship performance, so my guess would be 2016 Bluecoats is the encore. What happens at LOS for the live crowd I can't say.

That is.... I am not sure if I am a fan of that

Just now, Hook'emCavies said:

That is.... I am not sure if I am a fan of that

Would you be happier to see, let me guess, the Cavaliers do the encore?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Clocked the show since I'm excited for tonight and don't want to be working. The hornline is moving roughly 8 minutes 20 seconds of say 11 minute show.  Consider there's a ballad which most groups have big park and bark, transitions, and loud ending to each part I would say that they do in fact move often. 

Not talking about them standing still, when they get going it's not as crazy nor as impressive from a difficulty perspective.

• Like 1