Opening Night!

14 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

Totally disagree. She adds a TON to the show, and she is amazing. Love it. Tired of the people who gripe about "I just wanna hear brass and drums and nothing else." Get over it, DCI has moved on. 

Lol......quite a nasty response.  We can agree to disagree. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Mac13 said:

That will probably be the sane year a corps does a show entitled 'Lit". 

"Drum Major, Yolo Swaggins, is M'Corps ready?"
*Drum major turns their hoverboard around and vapes a salute*
"Presenting their 2420 Program Turnt: 420 Blaze It..."

• Like 5

Bluecoats, that was fantastic. You've won me over for sure. 

Corps uniforms aside, that show just felt so cohesive and fun. They had so much swagger that came through and they pulled me in. 

They are MILES ahead in the electronics department, I can only pray other corps catch up soon so we can get more polished products like this on the field 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Eh, sometimes a miss is just a miss. BD is ever proficient, but not ever brilliant.

No doubt.  I liked the show... but I didn't like that they did a show that people couldn't like.  To me... that's an unfortunate and avoidable miss.

2 minutes ago, cfirwin3 said:

Sorry to hijack...

but the point in that other thread was that there was a challenge made to the drumcorps to put their identity on full display, but to engage the larger audience as a priority.  Corps have done well in this regard for a number of years now... It would be a shame to see that go.

No problem. I get that, but it involves taking risks. The people who always hate narration or vocals will not get on it though. I put myself in the camp of being open to it but i usually dont enjoy it. Meanwhile some are just turned off by any existential type show and fibe blue knights to now be boring. 

I personally find cavies show to be far more controversial than cadets. But i understand that the cadets naturally make shows that some roll their eyes at while others love. 

I get appealing to the mass audience. I think that the activity needs to appeal to the mass audience. The corps shouldn't be afraid to take risks. 

3 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

Will not happen.  

You won't get over the complainers?

Or drum corps will never "move on" from vocals?

As regards the latter, if the rules don't change the possibility for vocals will always be there, but styles come and go, and someday you may look back at your opinions on the subject now and wonder, "What on earth was I thinking?"

Or maybe not.

I don't think the Bluecoats have the GE they did last season (yet) but I do think the demand on this program is greater. I LOVED last years show, I RESPECT this seasons show and look forward to watching it grow. 

Edited by Newseditor44
  • Like 6