Opening Night!

1 minute ago, cube said:

So anyway how was Bloo last night? I didn't get to see it and I haven't heard anything.

First full run with uniforms. Not their best run, but still on another level.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cube said:

So anyway how was Bloo last night? I didn't get to see it and I haven't heard anything.

Didn't have the shell shock of what they came out with last year but a pretty positive consensus.   More full ensemble musical moments this year and a lot less electronics sans the ballad.  Apparantley a pretty rough run and lots to work with so I think they have PLENTY of gas in the tank for the whole season.   Conceptually not QUITE as strong out the gate but I could see lots of room for it to be enhanced in that regard.  But overall it is a gas and if you loved the last few I suspect you'll enjoy this one too.   I sure do.  

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, dcsnare93 said:

Not to mention attract kids (I'm using that term loosely here) who want to participate, without which there would also be no activity.

MMs these days like the changes.

There's no way you can say that definitively. The activity had no problem attracting members at pretty much any point in its history.

10 minutes ago, StarWasOverrated said:

:) not arguing. I don't think Jeff would really be like that but I could be wrong. Enough of that.

Haha either interpretation is speculation either way, and it seemed all in good fun regardless. Though let me tell you, it was pretty clear the way my theater interpreted it

12 minutes ago, cube said:

They are amazing. IMO they have taken this activity to another level. Really something spectacular and masterful. They are on it this year for sure.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

Didn't have the shell shock of what they came out with last year but a pretty positive consensus.   More full ensemble musical moments this year and a lot less electronics sans the ballad.  Apparantley a pretty rough run and lots to work with so I think they have PLENTY of gas in the tank for the whole season.   Conceptually not QUITE as strong out the gate but I could see lots of room for it to be enhanced in that regard.  But overall it is a gas and if you loved the last few I suspect you'll enjoy this one too.   I sure do.  

I think the more full ensemble moments compared to last year is key to this show selling me so quickly compared to Down Side Up. There were some spectacular full ensemble moments 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, mingusmonk said:

ahem. Back to last night,

I was a little disappointed how DCI/LOS secured the warm-up section of the lot nearest the gates. Fans had to watch warm-ups from the fenceline. I would be curious to know the reasoning.

I don't know the EXACT answer to your question, but the penalty the Crossmen got in semi's a few years ago was for practicing outside the designated area.  They've always been particular about where the corps could warm-up.  By "secured the warm-up section", what do you mean exactly?  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BigBadMadMan said:

Oh, I think that thing is a death trap and a lawsuit waiting to happen. Just risky and irresponsible of the staff, IMO. At least with the ramps, a fall would be broken by the gradual slope. One misstep here could have some very serious consequences.

I kept watching and thinking, my god if one kid trips and falls this could become serious real quick. Doesn't matter if stage is wet or dry. I'm actually surprised dci is allowing this. A kids health or corps show/season could be hurt in just a split second.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, BigBadMadMan said:

There's no way you can say that definitively. The activity had no problem attracting members at pretty much any point in its history.

I forgot, this is DCP. I should use the word "some" more liberally.

The activity has also continuously evolved, adapting to the times. If hadn't, it may very well have had trouble attracting members. That's not something any of us can quantify though. What I can go by is conversations I've had with students and current MMs. Anecdotal or not, I've gotten the impression a good number of them like the direction the activity is heading in.

Edited by dcsnare93