Opening Night!

2 minutes ago, GREENBLUE said:

I kept watching and thinking, my god if one kid trips and falls this could become serious real quick. Doesn't matter if stage is wet or dry. I'm actually surprised dci is allowing this. A kids health or corps show/season could be hurt in just a split second.

It has railings on it, except for the part that slopes down. I'm sure it will be fine.

1 minute ago, dcsnare93 said:

I forgot, this is DCP. I should use the word "some" more liberally.

The activity has also continuously evolved, adapting to the times. If hadn't, it may very well have had trouble attracting members. That's not something any of us can quantify though. What I can go by is conversations I've had with students and current MMs. Anecdotal or not, I've gotten the impression a good number of them like the direction the activity is heading in.

I'll just tell you straight up, I think it's going to morph DCI forever. It won't be the same. At least we had a few good years of quality brass with no distractions coinciding with quality video and audio. 

Just now, cube said:

I'll just tell you straight up, I think it's going to morph DCI forever. It won't be the same. At least we had a few good years of quality brass with no distractions coinciding with quality video and audio. 

I don't disagree, and I'm not a huge fan of all the changes myself.

9 minutes ago, barigirl78 said:

I don't know the EXACT answer to your question, but the penalty the Crossmen got in semi's a few years ago was for practicing outside the designated area.  They've always been particular about where the corps could warm-up.  By "secured the warm-up section", what do you mean exactly?  

Finals week has a boundary of inside Military Park, 5 blocks away. The Indy Premier, they usually let groups establish their own session within the South parking lot. Some groups have been known to take a walk and use nearby side-lots too. Pretty casual. Like this:

This year, they put lines inside of the area with a squared metal fence and required a credential to get inside. Fans had to watch from other side of the fence. Cadets, Crossmen, Bluecoats all did their warmups in the section. Everyone in this video is corps or DCI staff or press credential. 

Edited by mingusmonk

9 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

It has railings on it, except for the part that slopes down. I'm sure it will be fine.

I'm thinking more of chain reaction down the Ramps. If there's one fall.... Not just in performance but the hours of rehearsals.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GREENBLUE said:

I'm thinking more of chain reaction down the Ramps. If there's one fall.... Not just in performance but the hours of rehearsals.

I'm not worried. These kids can handle complex things. I'm sure they will be find, but, as you say, accidents do happen. Time will tell, I guess.

26 minutes ago, GREENBLUE said:

I think they'll be fine. Repetition doesn't increase the odds of having an accident during a run unless they grow complacent

Edited by dcsnare93

4 hours ago, Cappybara said:

It's FUN. It was one of my favorite moments of the night 

Ed Mann told me Frank knew about BD playing Enchinda's Arf.  He loved it. (Frank did a little drum corps)

Ed wants to write for DC and I want to help make it happen.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, cube said:

The big line in the middle is sloped? Do they march on it? That sounds real dangerous.

If you're referring to the white down the middle, from my one watch of it, it looks like steps.  The black on either side is sloped.