Thoughts for the new season

7 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Positive thoughts and prayers for the safety of our young marching members as this season begins.  We appreciate you and know the sacrifices you make.   And please, wear sunscreen!

Don't forget the boonie hat  ( https://www.ebay.com/i/322309744533?chn=ps&dispItem=1) and ear plugs.  Not all sections of a corps wear the same sun hats.  Guard mm probably have to stick to ball caps.

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 3

And is Gold Bond powder still a thing? :)

• Like 1

Lots of potential stresses during a season and tour. Here's hoping members and their corps leaders and staff are attentive and manage these things well.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Tim K said:

After an incident that happened in Allentown I believe two years ago where a "fan" who did not like a show made a snide comment about a performer that was pretty loud and crude (he was removed), within earshot of the young man's parents (I believe this incident made DCP), not all shows will be to everyone's liking, be passionate but objective, and when it comes to individual marchers, they are kids, twenty two tops. They may be mature, motivated, and talented, but they're still kids compared to most of us, and the person they call Mom, Dad, Grandma, or Grandpa may be sitting next to you. And even if the parents are not in earshot, don't ruin it for everyone else.

The A-town crowds can be an ornery bunch...that is not the first time I've heard fans being quite vocal...even in the middle of performances...followed by sounds of SHUSH around them...

Edited by Liahona
  • Like 4

May all corps keep the techs/volunteers/staff etc. out of the isles and ask them to be quiet during "their" corps performance.

To all of us who have a favorite corps, please remember all corps "are cleaning", "adding new movement", and "have a few days off to really, really, really clean and add new stuff to their show", not just your corps.

Let the games begin and enjoy the ride.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Tim K said:

After an incident that happened in Allentown I believe two years ago where a "fan" who did not like a show made a snide comment about a performer that was pretty loud and crude (he was removed), within earshot of the young man's parents (I believe this incident made DCP), not all shows will be to everyone's liking, be passionate but objective, and when it comes to individual marchers, they are kids, twenty two tops. They may be mature, motivated, and talented, but they're still kids compared to most of us, and the person they call Mom, Dad, Grandma, or Grandpa may be sitting next to you. And even if the parents are not in earshot, don't ruin it for everyone else.

That happened to me in Madison in 2002.  It took all of my willpower to just sit quietly and take it like a man.   My son wasn't picked out personally but "they suck" was still pretty bad. 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 2

Remember, beer after wine and everything's fine.  Oh, and also, if you're going to go into a war, wear a helmet.

• Like 4