Thoughts for the new season

10 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Positive thoughts and prayers for the safety of our young marching members as this season begins.  We appreciate you and know the sacrifices you make.   And please, wear sunscreen!

Are the Blue Stars putting this in their show too?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, afd said:

Summer..DCI season starts next week. Can't imagine a summer without DCI. Good luck to all.

I had several involving yard refurbishment, house maintenance and the like.

it sucked

:blink:        :whip:

DCI, you may enter the summer for joy fulfillment!!!!

Edited by Tenoris4Jazz
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Liahona said:

The A-town crowds can be an ornery bunch...that is not the first time I've heard fans being quite vocal...even in the middle of performances...followed by sounds of SHUSH around them...

I've been to several shows in many states and I agree.  There's something about the A-town show that just brings out overall grumpiness and hostility among the crowd.   

Edited by Mac13

15 hours ago, Tim K said:

After an incident that happened in Allentown I believe two years ago where a "fan" who did not like a show made a snide comment about a performer that was pretty loud and crude (he was removed), within earshot of the young man's parents (I believe this incident made DCP), not all shows will be to everyone's liking, be passionate but objective, and when it comes to individual marchers, they are kids, twenty two tops. They may be mature, motivated, and talented, but they're still kids compared to most of us, and the person they call Mom, Dad, Grandma, or Grandpa may be sitting next to you. And even if the parents are not in earshot, don't ruin it for everyone else.

Such a valid point.  Stay positive everyone.  These are kids giving it all they have and yes, you could be next to their grandma.  When at shows I try to stay positive about every corps.  Kind of like if you don't have something nice to say, don't say it at the show.  If it really must be said, wait till you get home.  But really, does it even have to be said at all?  These aren't pro athletes or union hollywood performers - or politicians. 

What is the point of the criticism?  They didn't write the show.  They are paying to do this activity that they love.

Thanks Tim K for making this very important point. 

And hats, earplugs and sunscreen.

Edited by luv4corps
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, luv4corps said:

Such a valid point.  Stay positive everyone.  These are kids giving it all they have and yes, you could be next to their grandma.  When at shows I try to stay positive about every corps.  Kind of like if you don't have something nice to say, don't say it at the show.  If it really must be said, wait till you get home.  But really, does it even have to be said at all?  These aren't pro athletes or union hollywood performers - or politicians. 

What is the point of the criticism?  They didn't write the show.  They are paying to do this activity that they love.

Thanks Tim K for making this very important point. 

A walk on the bus seeing photos on the windows of family, pets, boyfriends or girlfriends at home, would be enough for me to never criticize these young people. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Mac13 said:

I've been to several shows in many states and I agree.  There's something about the A-town show that just brings out overall grumpiness and hostility among the crowd.   

I'll have to say I've seen both good and not so good in Allentown. I witnessed the incident I mentioned and have seen difficult fans, but I've also see great things. A few years back I was in Yocco's and a group of kids who marched came in as well. A well known alum of a corps who will remain nameless noticed a kid open an empty wallet. He was going to leave when the alum said "Why don't we all throw in a few bucks and pick up the tab" so about twenty kids ate for free. I also find the Saturday crowd to be more friendly with a family atmosphere than Friday. 

• Like 3