Thoughts for the new season

1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

That's why I go in on Thursday morning in Indy  and watch the open class block.   Me and 100 of my closest friends. 

Some of the Open Class Corps have had AWESOME shows over the years.. I try to catch them too.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Some of the Open Class Corps have had AWESOME shows over the years.. I try to catch them too.

It's kind of a ritual for me.  My kid was in a division 2 corps for five seasons before he went to open class (now world class).  

• Like 3

Safe travels, take care of each other, work hard, enjoy performing no matter the score, make friends, and know that us fans are there to support you. :)

• Like 4

Just now, DrumManTx said:

Is this a preseason hype post?  I LOVE THESE.  If not.....disregard.  

I've made it a point to really follow/praise all the corps every year.......when it comes down to it they're all performing for us as fans, and I think that deserves SOME recognition from us as fans.  Every corps might not make me jump out of my seat but I think all those members deserve some recognition.  

Totally agree with @BRASSO, Open Class from when I was first following the activity to now has totally exploded in size, stature, strength, and quality.  Some of my favorite shows last year came from Open Class corps.  Blue Devils B were an absolute treat with their amazing drumline and immaculately constructed show, SCVC is a true sibling of their older brother and are just classy and beautiful to watch every year, Legends show was one of the most high octane entertaining things on the field last year, Genesis wowed us with a truly world class show that they tackled.  Newcomers like Columbians and The Battallion earlier in the season blew me away, and Louisiana Stars/Guardians/River City Rhythm/Shadow all had fantastic first showings in Indianapolis (RCR last year).  And then that little Raiders corps absolutely pumping out a HUGE sound.  So much good drum corps that a lot of people miss out on every single year.  

I'm so excited for another new season, I don't have a ton of stuff to do over the summer before I go back to school so this fills up a lot of my time.  Excited to see how Bluecoats follow up their championship and just blow me away as always, Blue Devils celebrate their 60th and wow us with their ability, Carolina Crown re-imagined under a new visual design team, Cavalier start what I think is a new era of amazing shows from them reasserting their identity, SCV celebrating their 50th and bringing in the return of a legend in Michael Gaines, The Cadets beginning a new with their staff and a show that is central to who they are, Blue Knights continuing their amazing new identity, Phantom Regiment going dark and returning another legend in Wes Cartwright, Blue Stars continuing to put on one of the most difficult shows on the field, Crossmen continuing in their new direction and their new visual design team, The Academy making me smile and laugh and just have fun watching a show, Boston Crusaders blowing us away with their new staff and WICKED PISSAH show, Madison Scouts reasserting themselves with an amazing theme and music, Troopers continuing to be an incredibly accessible and fan favorite corps, Colts building off a great year last year after some changes, Mandarins coming off their highest WC score ever and some fantastic staff pick ups, Oregon Crusaders somehow making U2/Enya/Elgar all work together like they do year after year with their eclectic tastes, Pacific Crest coming off a fantastic recovery year after 2015, Seattle Cascades continuing to ascend and just performing good drum corps, Jersey Surf and their fantastically fun music, Pioneer doing what they do best, and our new WC member Genesis showing what they're made of. 

Did I get everyone???

:)

Hope all the MMs and staffs have a fantastic summer, I wish everyone heading to a show safe travels, and all you crazy DCPers keep doing what you do.  Looking forward to another year of senseless arguing over semantics and pedantic crap, raving about shows, talking about the activity, and just having a good time following this activity.  

Happy 2017 season!  

Great post !

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BRASSO said:

Some of the lower placing Corps oftentimes have shows that are every bit, if not more, entertaining than some of the so called elites Corps do too. The fans that are only interested in the elites are entitled to that of course, but its a shame they have such limited reservoirs of things, with the patience required, to perhaps broaden their entertainment horizons a bit more.

I figure if I'm traveling from the Boston area, most years by car though this year I am flying, I'm going to see the first corps perform on Thursday morning, usually Blue Saints or my favorite small corps Les Stentors (those kids just love performing) and see each corps until the finale on Saturday. I will have to admit last year was the most jam packed prelims I've ever attended, but I didn't miss a note.

• Like 2

Wishing a safe rewarding Summer to all the Corps.

Be your best, shake things up, have some serious fun, and look out for each other.

• Like 2