Rate Your FloMarching First Impression

Rate Your FloMarching First Impression  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Audio Quality

2. 2. Video Quality

3. 3. Overall Impression

Just now, shofmon88 said:

I've been looking forward to FloMarching since the first broadcast. The audio quality alone sold it for me. 

But honestly, I'm now reconsidering. I'm so disgusted by many uniforms this season, by the rolling-on-the-ground visuals, and by show themes that are trying so hard to be edgy that they've become meaningless. I have literally lost all desire to even look at most of the corps these days. Why should I pay to view video of something I don't want to watch?

Well, the audio. The glorious sound of brass and percussion. I could feel the intensity from the Blue Stars in the first broadcast. It reminded me of being live, which no media had done for me up until that point. Yet now I hear about Cadets, and Crown. Singing in drum corps does nothing except make me cringe. Then there's the overpowering voiceovers from Cavaliers. And Bluecoats and Phantom are amplifying their entire hornlines now? None of this is pleasant to listen to. As more information comes out for each corps, the less motivated I am to actually follow this season.

So, we finally get a streaming product that seems worthwhile, yet now there's not much worthwhile to stream.

Wait on the west coast corps. I think they're worth the wait

3 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Wait on the west coast corps. I think they're worth the wait

They're definitely my last hope. I'm extremely disappointed by SCV's uni already, especially after what they wore last season. I may still get the stream just so I can see SCV Alumni at DCI West. 

Just now, shofmon88 said:

They're definitely my last hope. I'm extremely disappointed by SCV's uni already, especially after what they wore last season. I may still get the stream just so I can see SCV Alumni at DCI West. 

I personally think they look pretty classy, especially considering they're a WGI-style outfit but I understand not liking any of them at all. I typically don't like any unis that take away headgear but this seems to be the exception