Massillon, Ohio 2017 version 1

BEAUTIFUL DAY.  A LOT OF BLOOOO SKY!!!

For those wanting to head out and about...

Bluecoats are at Massillon High School  (stadium will be cleared following ensemble)
Cadets are at Massillon Perry High School
Crown are at Fairless High School
Crusaders are at Crestview High School
Troopers are at Glenwood Middle School

Box office opens at 3:00

• Like 3

On 6/23/2017 at 9:57 AM, cfirwin3 said:

Paul Brown Stadium is like a drumcorps funnel... that doesn't drip or leak.  It ALL goes to the ears... nothing is wasted.

For those of you coming into town tonight, if you get a chance you may want to drive by Canton McKinley HS on 77 south (by the Pro Football Hall of Fame) and get a quick glance at a new stadium going up in town. The city is investing $130,000,000 into this new facility for the Pro Football HOF, but also for local H.S. and College football.  The stadium looks incredible already and may provide the Bluecoats with a new venue for the August show.  This is just my guess (nothing official), but it would make sense.  The August show is partially sponsored by the Pro Football HOF.  I imagine they will want the show in Canton for that event.  There is going to be a new HOF village near the stadium as well.  My guess is that the Massillon stadium (Paul Brown Stadium) will be used for the June show only.  But who knows, if the acoustics are not good at the new Canton HOF stadium then that could change things.  But I have a feeling that stadium will sound wonderful. 

http://www.profootballhof.com/village/stadium/

Edited by jwillis35
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

For those of you coming into town tonight, if you get a chance you may want to drive by Canton McKinley HS on 77 south (by the Pro Football Hall of Fame) and get a quick glance at a new stadium going up in town. The city is investing $130,000,000 into this new facility for the Pro Football HOF, but also for local H.S. and College football.  The stadium looks incredible already and may provide the Bluecoats with a new venue for the August show.  This is just my guess (nothing official), but it would make sense that since the August show is partially sponsored by the Pro Football HOF, that they will want the show in Canton for that event.  There is going to be a new HOF village near the stadium as well.  My guess is that the Massillon stadium (Paul Brown Stadium) will be used for the June show only.  But who knows, if the acoustics are not good at the new Canton HOF stadium then that could change things.  But I have a feeling that stadium will sound wonderful. 

The renovation they're doing there is incredible. I got a tour of some of the new stuff from the media program I'm in and they were talking about all the new stadium stuff, underground parking (which would be great since Massillon's parking is a mess), an insanely nice hotel, and even a water park. Could be a great place for a show!

• Like 4

SO all placements are the same to this point.  Scores are up from last year.  Were will BAC place.

Whoever is planning on going to this show will you please take photos of all the corps.  If so, could you post them here.  Also is anyone planning to do a play-by-play? Sure makes these show threads a bit more interesting as well...that would be awesome if you can do either of these. :)

28 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

For those of you coming into town tonight, if you get a chance you may want to drive by Canton McKinley HS on 77 south (by the Pro Football Hall of Fame) and get a quick glance at a new stadium going up in town. The city is investing $130,000,000 into this new facility for the Pro Football HOF, but also for local H.S. and College football.  The stadium looks incredible already and may provide the Bluecoats with a new venue for the August show.  This is just my guess (nothing official), but it would make sense.  The August show is partially sponsored by the Pro Football HOF.  I imagine they will want the show in Canton for that event.  There is going to be a new HOF village near the stadium as well.  My guess is that the Massillon stadium (Paul Brown Stadium) will be used for the June show only.  But who knows, if the acoustics are not good at the new Canton HOF stadium then that could change things.  But I have a feeling that stadium will sound wonderful. 

BOA will have a competition there on September 16. The line-up will include last year's second-place band from Grand Nationals, Avon (IN). That was second-place but actually tied for the top score (until this year, ties were broken by GE).

Will highway sounds be a problem? When Bluecoats held their June show in downtown Akron, noisy cars and motorcycles just from regular streets would sometimes mar the ballads. The great thing about Massillon is that it's set back so far from any busy roads.

• Like 1

I just decided to go, I need one ticket if anyone has an extra.

I prefer the expensive seats so please let me know if you have one.  I could buy one at the stadium but I'd rather help someone out by buying their extra ticket if someone can't go at the last minute.  I should be there around 6p or so.

-Dave

304-991-7000

Call or text OK

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

BOA will have a competition there on September 16. The line-up will include last year's second-place band from Grand Nationals, Avon (IN). That was second-place but actually tied for the top score (until this year, ties were broken by GE).

Will highway sounds be a problem? When Bluecoats held their June show in downtown Akron, noisy cars and motorcycles just from regular streets would sometimes mar the ballads. The great thing about Massillon is that it's set back so far from any busy roads.

Good question. Can't really answer that yet, but with the old stadium I didn't notice it too much. Bloo used to hold their shows there (in the old stadium) back in the 70s and 80s. We even had to have the show there in 2007 (the night we beat the eventual champion Blue Devils) and I didn't really notice it.  

No doubt Massillon is a special sound. I think this new stadium is going to have an awesome sound to it. 

1 hour ago, oldbandguy said:

BEAUTIFUL DAY.  A LOT OF BLOOOO SKY!!!

For those wanting to head out and about...

Bluecoats are at Massillon High School  (stadium will be cleared following ensemble)
Cadets are at Massillon Perry High School
Crown are at Fairless High School
Crusaders are at Crestview High School
Troopers are at Glenwood Middle School

Box office opens at 3:00

go over and check BAC out

• Like 1