Massillon, Ohio 2017 version 1

I'm in Northern Virginia and won't be going to Ohio at all.   Maybe I can Next Day Fed Ex. 

Edited by chris7997

Paul Brown Stadium is like a drumcorps funnel... that doesn't drip or leak.  It ALL goes to the ears... nothing is wasted.

• Like 2

Really looking forward to seeing how Boston starts the season. I saw a video of their full show in uniform recently and I have a feeling they will give the Cadets a run for their money tomorrow night. However, I don't see them challenging Crown and/or the Bluecoats.

Edited by Cadevilina Crown

Anyone know where bloo will be doing their rehearsal tomorrow? Last year they were just at Paul Brown for the first Massillon show, and Glenwood for the second. I wanna catch their full run since I can't make it to the show

6 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Really looking forward to seeing how Boston starts the season. I saw a video of their full show in uniform recently and I have a feeling they will give the Cadets a run for their money tomorrow night. However, I don't see them challenging Crown and/or the Bluecoats.

I think Boston is well prepared for tonight and if they do not beat Cadets, it will be very close, although Cadets can make changes fast so tonight could be a very different performance  than last night. 

I do not expect BAC to beat Bluecoats and beating Crown could be a long shot, but I do think we'll see the guard we'd expect from Crown in BAC's show. Crown's guard was good last night, but good is a far cry from what we have seen in the past. To me that was the most noticeable difference between Crown this year and Crown in the past.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tim K said:

I think Boston is well prepared for tonight and if they do not beat Cadets, it will be very close, although Cadets can make changes fast so tonight could be a very different performance  than last night. 

I do not expect BAC to beat Bluecoats and beating Crown could be a long shot, but I do think we'll see the guard we'd expect from Crown in BAC's show. Crown's guard was good last night, but good is a far cry from what we have seen in the past. To me that was the most noticeable difference between Crown this year and Crown in the past.

It's actually tomorrow night. But those are all good points nevertheless.

I'm driving a few hours to meet my brother-in-law and take in some live corps.  This will be his first time seeing a top six corps, and only his second show.  Looking forward to an afternoon at the Pro Football Hall of Fame and some great performances in the evening...nice lineup for a smaller show.  There were still plenty of center section seats available as of yesterday.  Hoping the walk-up crowd will be large.

Looks like a beautiful evening for drum corps, with temps in the low 70s and dew points comfortably in the mid 50s at show time.

Any tips on places to eat in Canton/Massillon?  Anything I should know about the area or the show, other than the brilliant acoustics?

Great line up and stadium. Very jealous I can't be there

And as others have said lots of intrigue. Audience is in for a treat!

Getting into the stadium for parking can be a pain, but this first show will be rather easy compared to what takes place in August when the crowd size is double.  Last year's August show took late arrivers a long time.  Massillon police have said they will try to make it better, but with just one real entrance...if everyone arrives at the same time there's only so much you can do.

The solution GET THERE EARLY and go spend money on Bluecoat souvies first, then go visit all of the other corps stands too.

Still lots of good seats and remember, a large section of seats are under cover!

38 minutes ago, smj02 said:

Any tips on places to eat in Canton/Massillon?  Anything I should know about the area or the show, other than the brilliant acoustics?

The Strip
6493 Strip Ave NW, North Canton, OH 44720
(216) 464-2860

https://goo.gl/maps/kHxLj7RfvLT2