2017 vs. 2016 - Daily Year Over Year Comparisons

June 22, 2017 vs. June 23, 2016

Higher scores out of the gate in 2017 than 2016. #1 and #2 are consistent with Bluecoats edging out Carolina Crown by 1.35 this year, an increase over last year's 0.50 margin. 

Edited by DrumCorpsRadio

Argument here:  Do you think Bloo is just that good or do you think Crown is down a bit.  I would argue a bit of both, but the gap between Crown and Cavies suggests the latter.  I think Cavies are a little better so I dont know what to think.

6 minutes ago, BoaDci said:

Argument here:  Do you think Bloo is just that good or do you think Crown is down a bit.  I would argue a bit of both, but the gap between Crown and Cavies suggests the latter.  I think Cavies are a little better so I dont know what to think.

I think Crown is down a bit and Cavaliers are DEFINITELY better. Think they'll be fighting for 4th but wouldnt be surprised to see either medal. 

• Like 2

June 23, 2017 vs. June 24, 2016

With the addition of the west coast corps, Bluecoats maintains its #1 ranking for the second straight year. Blue Devils debut at #2, Santa Clara Vanguard at #5, Blue Knights at #7, Phantom Regiment at #8, The Academy at #11, and Mandarins/Pacific Crest tied at #12. Boston Crusaders, Madison Scouts, and Troopers all debut.

Last year, the difference between 1st and 6th place at this time was 4.3 points. This year it is 4.0. Same 6 corps. Last year, the difference between 1st and 12th place at this time was 15.2 points. This year it is 11.8. 

Edited by DrumCorpsRadio
Correction of finalists

I think we are going to find this order/arrangement in the coming weeks:

1-2 BD, Bluecoats

3-5 Crown, SCV, Cavaliers

It's difficult to compare across shows, but assuming that neither BD or Bluecoats are running away with it... The spreads seem to indicate the above for now. The group that wins GE will win... unless BD or Bluecoats dominates/sweeps the section captions (and they won't).

Edited by cfirwin3
  • Like 1

Huh, very close to the same placement order as last year's finals, just like I said before. 

DCI judging is so predictable

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DrumManTx said:

Is the judging predictable or are the corps just really consistent?  :35_thinking:

Predictable. The placements will switch up once the season properly kicks in mid to late July and the early season slotting is done

On 6/22/2017 at 11:31 PM, BoaDci said:

I think all the same thoughts. I think Bloo is better, Crown is slightly down and Cavaliers are better. I do think from pure GE both Crown and Cavaliers are down but musically Cavaliers are stronger and Crown essentially the same. None of us know what to think lol

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, DrumCorpsRadio said:

June 23, 2017 vs. June 24, 2016

With the addition of the west coast corps, Bluecoats maintains its #1 ranking for the second straight year. Blue Devils debut at #2, Santa Clara Vanguard at #5, Blue Knights at #7, Phantom Regiment at #8, The Academy at #11, and Mandarins/Pacific Crest tied at #12. Two of last year's finalists will debut tonight, Boston Crusaders and Madison Scouts along with last year's 13th place finisher, Troopers.

Last year, the difference between 1st and 6th place at this time was 4.3 points. This year it is 4.0. Same 6 corps. Last year, the difference between 1st and 12th place at this time was 15.2 points. This year it is 11.8. 

Madison was in finals? I'm so confused now.