Whitewater Rapids

1 hour ago, vivalasvegasvb said:

Quick question for anyone that is very familiar with drum corps...How are there so many predictions every year at the beginning of the season when nobody has even seen any of the shows?  Does everything revolve around politics and who is directing these young men and women or does talent ever come into play?  I'm not being rude or anything I have just always wondered.

Depends on when in the season.  A lot of people have seen recordings and video of winter camps.  Other people may have actually seen the corps in person.  Then there is the politics, staff changes, and trends of the activities.  Put it all together, and it makes for predictions.

Other people just guess.

• Like 1

Incidentally, I just wanted to say Go Colt Cadets!

I've got a Cavalier brother whose two daughters are marching their first ever drumcorps show with them tonight!

He's a proud daddy tonight!

Crossing my fingers that the show happens!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, corps8294 said:

The fans and the corps are going to be quite chilly by the time the show starts. The temps have been below average for a couple of days, now. It's going to feel more like a BOA event than DCI. 

After our ridiculously high spring temperatures, we are getting a refreshing cool period here in the upper Midwest.  I believe I'll need a jacket tomorrow night in Michigan City. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

After our ridiculously high spring temperatures, we are getting a refreshing cool period here in the upper Midwest.  I believe I'll need a jacket tomorrow night in Michigan City. 

It's summer. I'll take daytime highs in the low 80s with evening lows in the low 70s.

• Like 1