Whitewater Rapids

I'm mad that there are no Periscopes from this show tonight. There are some corps in this particular show that I'm itching to see for the first time (or second).

• Like 7

I once competed in Nationals show and the Corps on the starting line ready to go on was pulled off the line, due to thunder and Lightning. The name of the Corps pulled off the line was ... no kidding... " The Thunderbolts "..

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BRASSO said:

I once competed in Nationals show and the Corps on the starting line ready to go on was pulled off the line, due to thunder and Lightning. The name of the Corps pulled off the line was ... no kidding... " The Thunderbolts "..

One of the worst non-weather bad luck things I can remember is the opening to the Spirit of Atlanta Show in either 79 or 80 in finals...when a commercial jet flew right over the stadium in the entrance to "Georgia on My Mind" and almost completely drowned out the soloist. You can hear more jet engine on the vinyl album than you can drum corps. That was a real shame! 

• Like 1

On Facebook live Madison had video of them setting up on the field, but it turned off before the show started of course...so Madison is just starting now.

• Like 1

I'm guessing there are no curfew restrictions on this show site. Would make sense, because I know the show site is pretty isolated on campus. Great place to watch drum corps, btw. Another favorite stadium was Mankato, MN because the stands were pitched VERY steep and close to the field, so it felt like you were right on top of the action.

I love the Mankato stadium----my home show!  Scouts 1995 is my very favorite drum corps memory in that stadium, so close to the action the drum majors are in the stands for the big corps :). 

Waiting for any Colts updates....scores have been announced in California...bored...

• Like 1