Sacramento Sacrifices - June 24, 2017

4 hours ago, kyushujet said:

Does anyone have a problem with BD and SCV not showing up to their own state's capital show?

Holding a joint 60th/50th Anniversary Gala honoring their past as arguably the best friendly rivalry in the history of the marching arts and hosting hundreds if not THOUSANDS of attendees? Yeah, no, I have no problem with this happening this one time.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, kyushujet said:

Does anyone have a problem with BD and SCV not showing up to their own state's capital show?

No, no problem. They were holding a huge, joint anniversary gala in Palo Alto last night. This is the first time either of these two corps have missed the Moonlight Classic going back as long as I can remember. I expect them to resume attending this show again next season. 

• Like 1

Didn't know about the gala but this begs the question then of when did the schedule come out for the Moonlight Classic and when did the gala get scheduled?  I really loathe when a corps misses a show, especially if they are in the area.

Trying out the new recaps feature on the DrumScorps app.  Seeing some nice music scores for Pacific Crest.  Hope it continues tonight.

• Like 1

Based on some periscopes of everyone the last two nights, I think we're in for lots of awesome shows from Blue Devils down to Blue Devils C.  Particularly loved what I saw from Mandarins and The Academy.  Still need to see Pacific Crest and all the OC corps.  

• Like 1