Not really in MICHIGAN CITY

17 hours ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

LAST night...it was 49 degrees when they went on. Tonight is fine! 

My kiddo is in Open Class and they have a short tour, so move-ins are still going on right now.  Last week in Texas at their site it was up to 98 with 70% humidity.  There are a lot of Texans looking at y'all with envy...

Mike

17 hours ago, Hook'emCavies said:

But wait... it is cold? Just looked at the temperature and I thought that temperature was perfect!

It wasn't so much that it was cold.  It was probably high 50's.  But it was very windy.  Which made it feel really cold.  I was sorry I didn't bring a heavier jacket.  

• Like 1

Brief overview of Madison (spoiler alerts)

Costumes are fine, a bit too uniform for a mad-max mob, more variations would help greatly. The plumage seems to have some issues; parts of it fell off throughout the show. Many members (maybe all) had buzzed their hair, probably 1 guard on the clippers. They have a main temple prop on a tarp at center field and 4 smaller temple props, 2 on each side in the background.  They climb on them and look slightly thunder dome rowdy but not rowdy enough, it’s a very clean cut tribe of the ######. The center temple has a big gold emblem on a tall pike as the main set, focal point. They have a good amount of drill, they handled it well. There is a fight section where they encircle the temple and cheer on the fight in bawdy, barbarian fashion. Then there is a battle to the death, a tribal overthrow of scalping the fallen's head gear and going to the top of the main temple and putting it on in victory. They have some painted, oil can-ish drums for a feature and several painted oxygen tanks on carts they drag around that are tubed to their face, under the gasmasks scarves. They don’t do much with them other than show them off, before stacking them on the main temple.

The music did nothing for me, never heard it before so no biggie. It needs to be more menacing, more powerful and better incorporated to the visual. They need some metal on metal sounds and some driving beats. The entire show need to be dirtier as in soiled; grimy, gnarlier to make it work and not that silly posing we saw when they carried the drums out. I suggest they watch Ministry’s tour video, ‘In Case you didn’t feel like showing up’ and put someone in a cage, have some fire props, litter a few more bodies around the field, maybe a rag-tag market of junk.  It needs danger and more atmospheres

Edited by cowtown
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, rancidrolla said:

In their world the air is so polluted that supplemental oxygen is required to sustain life. Haven't seen the show, but that's my guess.

Good point. This is why I don't do reviews.  I end up sounding stupid.  

My husband said that, like him, I should have read the three page synopsis and I would have known what was going on.  

Edited by Terri Schehr