Not really in MICHIGAN CITY

1 minute ago, BlueStainGlass said:

It's time you just Music City you your signature 

(the show was done by a famous high school before mcm by the way)

Edited by Cop

15 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Yeah, I watched them on flomarching during WGI percussion.  Didn't really make the connection.  But it makes sense.  I'll see them again in San Antonio.  I'm sure it will become more clear. 

Another great event in Michigan City.  The I 80-94 drive was stop and go from Chicago, but mostly go.  Paired up with friend Judy.  We enjoyed dinner at The Olive Garden on route 421.  One of these years, we will patronize Texas Roadhouse or my local favorite, Holly's - both also on 421. 

Guests were wrist-banded upon entry, either with a lime green or orange wrist band with the Cavaliers name.  The staff introduced wrist bands this year, as there were reports of many gate crashers in 2016. 

At 7PM, a taped National Anthem, yet no American Flag atop the end zone flagpole.  Many in the audience faced the pole anyway and sang along.  There were several American flags along the perimeter of the stands, but there was no featured flag that I could spot.

The delightful 50-50 raffle volunteers were working the crowd with their annual enthusiasm.  Great job! 

It was a windy and slightly chilly evening.    Scored 50 yard line seats in the top row, next to Twitter star DCI mom.

Colt Cadets -  they went first  

Pioneer - enjoyable yet messy Les Miz production.  Good opening guard quartet, then later, a 3-ball juggler.

Colts -  Two smooth-moving orbs.  Solid near-silent opening.  Trombone soloist great.  

Madison Scouts - cool non-uniform costume, perhaps Apache or Mad Max influenced.  Oxygen tanks on dollies. 

Crossmen - No one puts Crossmen in the corner.  Their black stretchy prop frames were very elastic in the breeze.

Blue Stars -  This has the makings of a great show.  As always, I like the gutsy guard throws.

Crown - Amazing brass opening.  Top drawer guard.  Please move the wonderful vocalist out of stage center after her first number.  Eager to see the ending of this classy program.

Cavaliers - Big equipment tosses. Strong sound. 

After the announcement of the scores, the Cavaliers front ensemble entertained. A stellar group!  The majority of the cold crowd had already headed to their Mini Coopers and Plymouths.  The Cavaliers then performed a standstill of their show ending Mars and Sinatra's My Way.  Somewhere Over the Rainbow, then an inner circle rainbow chant with alums.  Then the corps song.  

I lost my apartment keys!    Luckily, they had fallen out of my pocket in Judy's car, and were found.   Drove 60 in the 45 MPH work zones to keep up with everyone returning to Chicago.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, DeanInChicago said:

Another great event in Michigan City.  The I 80-94 drive was stop and go from Chicago, but mostly go.  Paired up with friend Judy.  We enjoyed dinner at The Olive Garden on route 421.  One of these years, we will patronize Texas Roadhouse or my local favorite, Holly's - both also on 421. 

Guests were wrist-banded upon entry, either with a lime green or orange wrist band with the Cavaliers name.  The staff introduced wrist bands this year, as there were reports of many gate crashers in 2016. 

At 7PM, a taped National Anthem, yet no American Flag atop the end zone flagpole.  Many in the audience faced the pole anyway and sang along.  There were several American flags along the perimeter of the stands, but there was no featured flag that I could spot.

The delightful 50-50 raffle volunteers were working the crowd with their annual enthusiasm.  Great job! 

It was a windy and slightly chilly evening.    Scored 50 yard line seats in the top row, next to Twitter star DCI mom.

Colt Cadets -  they went first  

Pioneer - enjoyable yet messy Les Miz production.  Good opening guard quartet, then later, a 3-ball juggler.

Colts -  Two smooth-moving orbs.  Solid near-silent opening.  Trombone soloist great.  

Madison Scouts - cool non-uniform costume, perhaps Apache or Mad Max influenced.  Oxygen tanks on dollies. 

Crossmen - No one puts Crossmen in the corner.  Their black stretchy prop frames were very elastic in the breeze.

Blue Stars -  This has the makings of a great show.  As always, I like the gutsy guard throws.

Crown - Amazing brass opening.  Top drawer guard.  Please move the wonderful vocalist out of stage center after her first number.  Eager to see the ending of this classy program.

Cavaliers - Big equipment tosses. Strong sound. 

After the announcement of the scores, the Cavaliers front ensemble entertained. A stellar group!  The majority of the cold crowd had already headed to their Mini Coopers and Plymouths.  The Cavaliers then performed a standstill of their show ending Mars and Sinatra's My Way.  Somewhere Over the Rainbow, then an inner circle rainbow chant with alums.  Then the corps song.  

I lost my apartment keys!    Luckily, they had fallen out of my pocket in Judy's car, and were found.   Drove 60 in the 45 MPH work zones to keep up with everyone returning to Chicago.

There were still people in all five of our seats in our row.  Even with the wristbands.